Friday, May 2, 2014

Dead Girl Walking By Ruth Silver Review




Dead Girl Walking




 
Dead Girl Walking (Royal Reaper #1)






https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17883441-the-forever-song
In 1346, Princess Ophelia Dacre sneaks out of the castle to visit her boyfriend in secret. A perfect night cut short when she’s brutally murdered.

Ophelia is given the rare chance to become a grim reaper. She must become Leila Bele, cut ties with her old life, and follow the rules of the reapers. Her greatest adventure begins with death.
{Amazon}




DEAD GIRL WALKING was such a refreshing original world that I couldn't get enough of! Ruth Silver delivers (As Always ;) in this historical-fantasy blend, with a paranormal twist of grim reapers, angels, and a romance that's sure to leave you yearning for more!
 
DEAD GIRL WALKING was my first book on grim reapers. And to be honest, I was a little skeptical. Not because I didn't have faith in the authors work, because everything that Ruth has written has been amazing. But because I'm not a big fan of ghost-reapers, or even the angel books that I have read, there just not really my thing. BUT I was pleasantly surprised that DEAD GIRL WALKING was fantastic and enthralling! I found myself lost in the pages, and when it was over I wanted more! I wanted to continue the journey into the undead!

 THE PLOT...

Princess Ophelia is bound to the rules her father, the king sets. She is betrothed to someone she doesn't love. She is force into a marriage she can't imagine living. But Princess Ophelia has a secret, one that will shatter her world if it's ever revealed. She has a secret lover that she loves with all her heart. And though she knows just how much danger she is putting him in by being with him in secret, she can't help that her heart calls to him. But he is ignorant to the truth. He does not know she is a Princess. He does not know that their world as they know it is about to come to an end. He does not know... but he's about to find out! 

Princess Ophelia is on another one of her adventures sneaking out of the castle to meet her beloved. Everything is going as planned, until the unthinkable happens. She is brutally murdered in the alley and left for dead. Her lovers meet turns into her worst nightmare! It becomes the end of Princess Ophelia, but it's the beginning for Leila the Grim-Reaper!

The night of her murder was the day Princess Ophelia dies, but it's the day Leila Bele is born. She is given the rare opportunity to become something she never knew existed. Something she can't imagine doing. She is given the chance to live again, but awaken as a grim reaper, with the sole purpose to help the dead move on. Something Leila would rather not do. But with so many questions about what happen to her, Why was she murdered, who did it, what did they hope to achieve? She can't allow her soul to rest in peace. She has unfinished business here in this life. And she determined to find out!
 
No longer Princess Ophelia, and now Leila Bele, she struggles with her new found life as someone else, watching the living die, and helping the dead move on without pain. But fortunately Leila has a group of other Grim Reapers at her side. Teaching her the ropes and helping her in her struggles. And their is one in particular that has caught her interest, and maybe her heart...

Just as Ruth put it in the Blurb: 
"For Princess Ophelia, her greatest adventure begins with death."
  
That is the best example for this book! It was so much fun to read. With it's nightly balls at the castle, to princesses sneaking out and defying their king. To a secret lovers meet that ends in murder. To a brand new adventure that begins with death, full of grim reapers, ghost, angels, conspiracies, murder, revenge, new beginnings, friendships, and ultimately, love! 

DEAD GIRL WALKING is just that great "Pick me up book" that I needed in my reading slump! It was fantastic, and I need the next book, NOW!! 

NOTE: I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!
5 Bone Hearts





 
Ruth  SilverRuth Silver first began writing poetry as a teenager and reading heaps of fan fiction in her free time. She has written under three unique pseudo names and penned well over a hundred stories.

She attended Northern Illinois University in 2001 and graduated with a Bachelor's in Communication. While in college she spent much of her free time writing with friends she met online and penning her first novel, "Deuces are Wild", which she self-published in 2004. Her favorite class was Creative Writing senior year where she often handed in assignments longer than the professor required because she loved to write and always wanted to finish her stories.

Her love of writing, led her on an adventure in 2007 to Melbourne, Australia. Silver enjoys reading YA novels and sharing her favorite books with other readers. She runs her own book blog and also enjoys photography and traveling.

Her favorite YA genre is a mix of Dystopian & Fantasy which is evident in the upcoming release of her latest book, Aberrant. Slated for release April 2013 by Lazy Day Publishing, it is the first in a trilogy.


What did you think of my review? 

Will you be adding DEAD GIRL WALKING to you reading pile? Let me know in the comments sections. :)


Thanks For Stopping By! :)
 
  

11 comments:

  1. Finally! I've been waiting for this review of yours! xD
    Im happy that you've enjoyed reading it and wanting for more!
    I already added it to my TBR and I got a copy of it already!! I'm excited to read it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever since Croak by Gina Damico and Rachel Vincent's Soul Screamers series, I have loved Grim Reaper stories. So when I heard of this one, I knew that I had to read it. I have not read anything by this author, but from you and others, I have heard such good things. I like the blend of genres with this book, and I am a huge fan of the cover. And after reading your review, I am pretty darn sure that I will love this book, too! Thanks Alicia! You rock, as always!

    Check out great posts and reviews at...The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, your so sweet Jaime! :) You never fail to put a smile on my face through your comments! ;)

      Yes, Ruth Silver is an AMAZING author! I've read everything she has written, and every book has gotten a 5 Star review from me. So yeah, she's amazing!

      I've never read any books with Grim Reapers, so I was skeptical at first. But Ruth manged to pulled it off and some! She blended different genres and truly made this book amazing! You should definitely give this a shot, I don't think you'll be disappointed!

      Thanks, as always for commenting and leaving me with a smile on my face! YOU ROCK, Jaime! :)

      Delete
    2. As soon as I got done commenting on your review, I headed over to Amazon and bought this one. Your reviews have yet to lead me in the wrong direction! Yours is one of the very first blogs that I check out everyday, because you always make me smile. I love positive people, and you are absolutely a positive person! Keep reviewing forever! You will always have at least one follower! You will always have a ton of followers!

      Delete
  3. I love Ruth Silver, but was nervous too about the whole Grim Reaper thing, since it isn't usually my kind of book. But I think you may have convinced me to give it a shot, especially since I've loved her other books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erasing memories of people prada replica seems like a heartbreaker of a job chanel outlet. People come in wanting to forget spouses louis vuitton outlet, significant others, job loss and so on. This is the perfect job for people addicted to reality TV. You get to watch rolex datejust replica the most dramatic moments of people lives just before they disappear. They might not remember swiss replica watches but you will. And it sure beats working at Rekall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does sound intriguing...haven't read this author yet. I'm gonna check it out..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does sound intriguing...haven't read this author yet. I'm gonna check it out..thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not sure, this is a historical but the synopsis talks about a boyfriend. Isn't boyfriend a modern term. Doesn't seem to go well with the historical aspect of this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great book! I like this kind of supernatural read!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)