Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #53: Midnight Thief By Livia Blackburne



Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up! 


 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a great week so far? This weeks WoW is from an awesome fantasy book. I've been on a fantasy kick lately, and I'm loving it! Anyways, check out this amazing WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






MIDNIGHT THIEF




Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1)
Midnight Thief




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17566814-midnight-thief
Growing up on Forge’s streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that’s not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs. 

But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she’s not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he’s persistent—and darkly attractive—and Kyra can’t quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival—and vengeance—might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra’s past that threatens to reshape both their lives.
 
Fantasy is quickly rising to the top of my favorite genre! I'm reading STOLEN SONGBIRD now and it's putting me in the mood for more fantasy books. And MIDNIGHT THIEF sounds like it's going to be an awesome one!

Knights, guards, warriors, Assassins Guild's, super thief, revenge, action fantasy, romance, and more? Yes, please!!! That's MORE then enough to get me on board!

I'm SO excited to read this book! And I just received and email from the Publisher saying I would be getting an ARC in the mail soon!! YAY!!!



What do you think of my WoW? 

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





I was a neuroscience graduate student at MIT, conducting research on the neural correlates of reading, where I took the analytical approach I used for my experiments and applied it towards the process of writing and publishing. After earning my doctorate, I've switched to full time writing. My debut YA fantasy novel MIDNIGHT THIEF will be coming out with Disney-Hyperion in 2014. The goal of this blog remains the same though: study pieces of writing, break it down into component pieces, and try to see what makes it work. 
{Blog} {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}


What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
 Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!





 

15 comments:

  1. your blog is really not good for me alicia. My wishlist grows and grows :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...lol! Ha, I guess that could be a good and bad thing, huh? :)

      I feel that same way sometime when I see my wishlist grow and grow. Then when a bunch of my most anticipated books release on the same day, UGH, that's torture!! Because of course if there's 10 books that your just dying to read, you can't buy them all. Well you could, but you might my skimming for change for the rest of the week...lol! :)

      Thanks Anorielt, for stopping by! :)

      Delete
    2. I've already bought Stolen Songbird ^^ so yes, its a bad and a good thing. The story sounds extremly interesting.

      Delete
    3. OMG, I hope you love it! I'm reading it now, and WOW!! I'm REALLY enjoying it! It really turned out to be more then I thought it be!

      Delete
  2. Great pick :) I'm super excited for Midnight Thief too.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm so glad you're excited as well! :) It's not that long to go until it's released! I hope you enjoy it! :)

      Thank for stopping by, Adina! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm know, it does sounds awesome! I can't WAIT to read it! It's got pretty much everything I love in it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jenea! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh nice! It's always a magical moment when you have a WoW that instantly gets led to an ARC! Was just going to tell you it was on Netgalley too! I was debating over it furtively but thought I might wait for other reviews since my TBR pile remains to be out on control! Hope you enjoy it and that it arrives very soon!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's an amazing feeling when you post that WoW that you're just DYING to read, then BAM an ARC lands in you're happy little hands! I've had that happen to me a couple times, and I LOVE it! :)

      Yeah, I seen it on NetGalley, but since I'm already getting a physical ARC, I didn't want to be greedy! ;) That way someone else can get approve if I don't take their spot (in case they have a limit)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  5. wooow! you have a great blog! I love it !!!!
    SO INSPIRING!
    I wanna to ask you how about follow each other? Let me know, please. I always follow back so don`t worry :)
    have a nice day sweety!
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like my blog! It means a lot when I hear that! :)

      And of course I would LOVE to follow your blog! :) I'll stop by tonight and follow you and leave a comment! :)

      Thank you Ines, for the nice words, and for wanting to follow each other! :)

      Delete
    2. I stopped by your blog and followed you GFC, Google+ and Liked your Facebook page! Thanks for becoming a new follower of Addicted Readers! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read it!

      Thanks for stopping by, Nemo!

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)