Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #52: The Jewel By Amy Ewing



Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


 

Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a great week so far? This weeks WoW is from a book that I am dying, I mean LITERALLY DYING to read!!! So check out this amazing WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






THE JEWEL




The JewelThe Jewel

Published: September 2nd, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16068780-the-jewel
The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude. Not just any kind of servitude. Violet, born and raised in the Marsh, has been trained as a surrogate for the royalty––because in the Jewel the only thing more important than opulence is offspring.

Purchased at the surrogacy auction by the Duchess of the Lake and greeted with a slap to the face, Violet (now known only as #197) quickly learns of the brutal truths that lie beneath the Jewel’s glittering facade: the cruelty, backstabbing, and hidden violence that have become the royal way of life.

Violet must accept the ugly realities of her existence . . . and try to stay alive. But then a forbidden romance erupts between Violet and a handsome gentleman hired as a companion to the Duchess’s petulant niece. Though his presence makes life in the Jewel a bit brighter, the consequences of their illicit relationship will cost them both more than they bargained for.
 
Why am I waiting for JEWEL? Ooh, why aren't I waiting for it? That should be the question for today. Because their is SOOO SOOO many reasons why I am Waiting on JEWEL that I can't even count!!

First, just look at that cover!!! I mean have you seen anything that amazing since THE WINNER'S CURSE'S Cover??? If so, PLEASE let me know, because I would LOVE to see it! I might even go as far and say that it's even better then THE WINNER'S CURSE'S Cover!! Yep, I went there! And we all know how amazing that cover was, right??? Well I absolutely LOVE THIS COVER!!!! 

But that was just the first thing that I liked about this book. Then I read the Blurb, and WOW, it was so enthralling and captivating, and I just knew I was going to love this book for so many reasons! 

This is another reason that I was reeled in by JEWEL:


"The Jewel means wealth. The Jewel means beauty. The Jewel means royalty. But for girls like Violet, the Jewel means servitude."

Is that enough to make you want to read JEWEL? It was for me that's for sure!! 

I could keep you here all day and name the many reasons of why I need this book like yesterday, but I'm not going to ramble on and on and drive anyone into insanity today! But I just need this book like I've never needed a book EVER in my entire life!!!! 

Have you ever felt that way about a book? If you have, then you know how I feel! :)



What do you think of my WoW? 

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





I was born and raised in a small suburb outside of Boston. Being the daughter and granddaughter of librarians, books played a central role in my childhood, though the idea of becoming a writer never occurred to me until later in life. I moved to New York when I was eighteen to study acting at New York University, which didn’t work out very well since I hated auditioning and tended to avoid doing it. I worked in a lot of restaurants (which I hated almost as much as auditioning) and eventually landed a job as a sales representative for a wine distributor. When the economy crashed, I was laid off and found myself facing an extended period of time on unemployment. I’d always toyed around with the idea of writing a young adult fantasy book, and now I had nothing but time. So I wrote a book. And it changed my life.

The Jewel is not that book. But that book got me into The New School’s MFA program in Writing for Children, where I was lucky enough to meet a fantastic group of writers who have encouraged and inspired me, offered shoulders to cry on through my failures and cheered me on in my successes. It’s strange to think that I never wanted to be a writer—now I can’t imagine doing anything else.


What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
 Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!





8 comments:

  1. OOoh pretty cover! Totally new to me! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am absolutely in love with this cover! I NEED this book soooo bad, like NOW! >.<

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this cover too and I can't wait to read the book. It sounds pretty awesome.
    Great pick! :)

    Nick - My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an amazing cover! And the blurb is just as awesome!

      Thanks for stopping by, Nick! :)

      Delete
  3. I saw this one for the first time last week, its so pretty and it sounds like its going to be a good one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard about this one too. But as soon as I seen that cover and read the blurb, I just KNEW I had to have it! I'm glad your looking forward to it also! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kate! :)

      Delete
  4. Haha, it's like a mix of The Winners Curse and The Selection covers. BUT IT'S SO PRETTY! I think a lot of people are comparing it to The Selection as well by the synopsis, though I haven't read The Selection yet (though I've read mixed reviews) but really looking forward to this one! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a mix of The Winners Curse and The Selection covers. The Selection's covers are also amazing! But I think this one and The Winners Curse are better!

      I haven't read The Selection yet either, but I'm looking forward to finally starting that series (It's long over due.)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kirsty! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)