Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #50: Deception's Princess By Esther M. Friesner


Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!

 
 

Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a great week so far? This weeks WoW is from an historical book that sounds amazing!! Check out this weeks WoW and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!
 




deception's princess





Deception's Princess (Deception's Princess, #1)
 Deception's Princess




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16138668-deception-s-princess#sf
Some lies lead to true adventure...

Maeve, princess of Connacht, was born with her fists clenched. And it's her spirit and courage that make Maeve her father's favorite daughter. But once he becomes the High King, powerful men begin to circle—it's easy to love the girl who brings her husband a kingdom.

Yet Maeve is more than a prize to be won, and she's determined to win the right to decide her own fate. In the court's deadly game of intrigue, she uses her wits to keep her father's friends and enemies close—but not too close. When she strikes up an unlikely friendship with the son of a visiting druid, Maeve faces a brutal decision between her loyalty to her family and to her own heart.

Award-winning author Esther Friesner has a remarkable gift for combining exciting myth and richly researched history. This fiery heroine's fight for independence in first-century Ireland is truly worthy of a bard's tale. Hand Deception's Princess to fans of Tamora Pierce, Shannon Hale, and Malinda Lo.
 
 
I've been on an historical hunt lately! After read and LOVING THE WINNER'S CURSE (See My Review HERE) I have been searing for a rich high tension, historical adventure! And this one sounds right up that alley!

Princess's, loyalties, lies, adventure, and one girl searching for her own independence in a corrupt world?

Yes, I am DEFINETLY in!!!!



What do you think of my WoW? 

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?




Esther M. FriesnerEsther M. Friesner was educated at Vassar College, where she completed B.A's in both Spanish and Drama. She went to on to Yale University; within five years she was awarded an M.A. and Ph.D. in Spanish. She taught Spanish at Yale for a number of years before going on to become a full-time author of fantasy and science fiction. She has published twenty-seven novels so far; her most recent titles include Temping Fate from Penguin-Puffin and Nobody's Princess from Random House.

 



What are YOU waiting on?



 Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!





 
 


7 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Been seeing a lot of this one! Always recognize it because that girl on the cover sooo looks like Disney's Merida! Wondering now if that was intentional...

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deception Princess sounds really great, and just like you, in the last few weeks I've been really enjoying historical books, so I hope I get to read this one. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, after I read (And LOVED) THE WINNER'S CURSE, I've been craving more historical books! And this one sounds like another good one!

      Thanks for stopping by, Anatea! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, this one sounds cool! A princess finding her own way in a corrupt world... excellent!

    My WoW:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2014/04/waiting-on-wednesday-26-nash.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so intrigued by the description, and that amazing cover just takes the cake for me! I can't wait, only a couple more weeks! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. This sounds great, I love the cover! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sounds really good! The cover is what first drew me into this book!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)