Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #48: Sekret By Lindsay Smith

 
Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?
Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page 
Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 

 


Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? 
Check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!


 

HAPPY READING! :-)
 

Here's My #48th Teaser Tuesday From SEKRET!
 
 
 

 

 
 


 
SEKRET 



 
Sekret Dream Cast + Giveaway!
Sekret
Publisehd: April 1st, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f
 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15673520-sekret?from_search=true
An empty mind is a safe mind.

Yulia's father always taught her to hide her thoughts and control her emotions to survive the harsh realities of Soviet Russia. But when she's captured by the KGB and forced to work as a psychic spy with a mission to undermine the U.S. space program, she's thrust into a world of suspicion, deceit, and horrifying power. Yulia quickly realizes she can trust no one--not her KGB superiors or the other operatives vying for her attention--and must rely on her own wits and skills to survive in this world where no SEKRET can stay hidden for long.


 
 
Chapter 1: Page 1
MY RULES FOR THE BLACK MARKET are simple. Don’t make eye contact—especially with men. Their faces are sharp, but their eyes sharper, and you never want to draw that blade. Always act as though you could walk away from a trade at any moment. Desperation only leaves you exposed. Both hands on the neck of your bag, but don’t be obvious about it. Never reveal your sources. And always, always trust the heat on your spine that haunts you when someone is watching.
 
 
 
 Chapter 1: Page 7
How do I explain this ability I have? It must be something everyone does, unknowingly. Mama's textbooks say our sight and hearing are not such dormant senses as we believe. We smell others' emotions and taste their weaknesses. Me, I've found out how to focus thoughts and memories through touch, like steadying a radio antenna with your fingertips, the static slouching off until a clear melody remains.
 
 
 
 
Lindsay SmithLindsay Smith’s love of Russian culture has taken her to Moscow, Saint Petersburg, and a reindeer festival in the middle of Siberia. She lives in Washington, DC, where she writes on foreign affairs. SEKRET is her first novel.
 
 
 
 
 

  So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of SEKRET?
Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.



Thanks For Stopping By! :-)


 



6 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT opening. The author does a great job of setting the tone and mood of the book. I'd read more.
    My Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I LOVED the opening too! I held my attention from the very beginning!


      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra :)

      Delete
  2. OOoh very nice teasers!! Hope you are enjoying this one!


    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked them! :) SEKRET is good so far! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. I recently read Sekret and enjoyed it. It was very good at showing the paranoia that was so rampant at that time. Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO glad you enjoyed it :) I'm excited to read it too!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)