Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #47: The Falconer By Elizabeth May


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?
Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page 
Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 



Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? 

Mine was very relaxing with all the rain we got here in Baltimore MD!! Don't you love the rainy weekends sometimes? When you can just be lazy and snuggle up with a good book and pretend that the world around you doesn't exist, even if it's only for a little while! I do, not that I get to do it, but I would love to!! ;) Anyways, enough rambling! ;) Check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!


 

HAPPY READING! :-)





Here's My #47th Teaser Tuesday From THE FALCONER!








the falconer






The Falconer (The Falconer, #1)
The Falconer

(The Falconer #1) UK
Published: September 26th 2013
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Historical


Heiress. Debutant. Murderer. A new generation of heroines has arrived.

Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined for a life carefully planned around Edinburgh's social events – right up until a faery killed her mother.

Now it's the 1844 winter season and Aileana slaughters faeries in secret, in between the endless round of parties, tea and balls. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, she sheds her aristocratic facade every night to go hunting. She's determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city's many dark alleyways.

But the balance between high society and her private war is a delicate one, and as the fae infiltrate the ballroom and Aileana's father returns home, she has decisions to make. How much is she willing to lose – and just how far will Aileana go for revenge?





Chapter 10: Page 66

I slam my fist into his face so hard, it breaks my skin. My knuckles bleed from the impact, but he doesn't even stumble.

"Enough," he says.

I hit him again. Again. The blows have no apparent effect. I'll keep trying until I see a mark, until something breaks.




 
 
 Chapter 21: Page 162

 I almost swear at him. The smug bounder. "I don't supose you could - "

"Shall we dispense with preamble? You want me to carry you"

"Do you have to sound so satisfied about it?"

"Why not?" he says cheerfully. "It's not ever day I get to carry a crazy lady."

I glare at him. "I should have let the sluagh take you."

"Ah, but then you would be left alone on this beach, cold and wet with no one to swing you up in his strong, waiting arms."

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Immensely." Gavin lifts me, shifting so I'm cradled against the front of his body.



 
Elizabeth  MayElizabeth May was born in California, where she lived during her formative years before moving to Scotland. She is currently working on her PhD at the University of St Andrews. When she isn’t writing or doing academics, she can be found with a camera in hand; her photography has been published on an array of book covers and in magazines.

She currently resides in Edinburgh, Scotland, with her husband. THE FALCONER is her début novel. For more information, follow her on Twitter @_ElizabethMay or visit her website www.elizabethmaywrites.com

  So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of THE FALCONER?

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.




Thanks For Stopping By! :-)




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked them! It's REALLY good so far! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. This one sounds very interesting!

    My teaser this week from bestseller “The Book Thief”:

    http://pdworkman.com/book-thief-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting! I'm really enjoying this so far!

      She's a gown wearing, ball hoping, gossip talking, kinda chick during the day! But at night, she will come out and play, but watch out, she's on the hunt, to...kill!!

      The main character is a real bad-ass! I love her! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoyable Teasers. I've never heard of anyone who slaughters faeries!
    My Teaser is from WITHOUT A TRACE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the Teasers! :) I know, I've never heard of anyone who slaughters faeries either. Maybe that's why I'm liking it so much, it's different!

      Thanks for stopping by my TT!

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)