Monday, April 21, 2014

Duality By Kellie Sheridan Review







DUALITY




Duality (The Hitchhiker Strain, #2)Duality
Kellie Sheridan
(The Hitchhiker Strain #2)
Published: March 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Zombies


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17565723-duality
The end of everything came quickly, but the road back is endless and full of heartbreak.

After months of only death and loss, Veritas may be the answer everyone has been searching for—a cure. Savannah wants nothing more than to begin rebuilding, but with both the Initiative and the United Militia vying for power, there are no easy answers. Ending the threat for good could mean becoming something far worse than the monsters she is fighting against.

The infected will not go quietly. For Chelsea, the choice to step back into the world of the living is anything but simple. No miracle can erase the memories of the things she saw or the people she killed. While the girl she was struggles against the beast she became, Chelsea must make a choice—succumb or fight.




See my Review of MORTALITY, Book #1 HERE!




NOTE: My review may have spoilers if you have NOT read the 1st book yet! You are WARNED!!!


DUALITY has been a long time coming for me! I read the 1st book MORTALITY, (See my review HERE) last year and was amazed by the originality, and the unique new take on the zombie genre! Kelly has taken your average zombie and turned them into something so unique, and addicting, that it will keep you up into the wee hours just needing more of the gruesome, yet addicting zombie-filled world she's created, with a romance spin that's sure to sway more then a few hearts! 

I can definitely say that DUALITY has lived up to it's predecessor, and some! I really had my doubts that DUALITY could even come close to how much I loved the 1st book MORTALITY, but it did! Kelly has brought yet another amazing adventure through this virus-filled world in THE HITCH HIKER STRAIN!



THE PLOT...


SAVANNAH'S STORY...

 
Savannah is just trying to pick up the pieces of her screwed up life when she arrives at Veritas, the safe haven that she has longed for ever since the zombies first outbreak into the world.

  As Savannah slowly heals her body from her time in the zombie-filled wasteland, she finally gets cleared by medical and allowed more freedom. And she so desperately needs it after being confided to Veritas since getting thereShe's ready to start pulling her own weight around there and wants to get back to what she knows best, salvaging the zombie-filled wasteland for supplies!



Like this





And this



 


That's when Savannah's journey official begins. As her and newly formed team heads out into the wastelands to find more supplies that they so desperately need, she is faced with the horrible truth, hordes and hordes of Zombies are heading for the town that her long lost friends were suppose to be going to when they split up! 


Savannah has 2 choices, turn around and salvage, then go back to her safe haven in Veritas, where she hopes to remain safe with the new people she now lives with. Or, she can beat the horde to the town occupied by her long lost friends and hopefully give them enough time to prepare to either run or at least try to ward of the 100's of zombies heading their way. But Savannah has to decide, and she has to do it quick because the zombies are closing in, and she'll have to face the fact that if she goes to that town, she might not make it out alive!


 



CHELSEA STORY...


  Chelsea isn't one of the lucky ones, she's been bitten and turned into a Z, a half-zombie so to speak. Not all the way zombie, but not all the way human either. She travels the vast wastelands day-in, and day-out, craving the fresh flesh of the humans. She hunts and feds on human flesh, not because she wants too, but because she has too! Theirs a beast so deep inside her, that when it takes hold, it controls her every action, she's forced to endure the hunt, find the prey, then.... fed! 



This is what I see when I picture them






 And this







But is there hope for people/zombies like her? 




 

Is their a cure that might just be able to pull her back from what she's become? Or is Chelsea a lost cause? Well Chelsea is about to find out!

DUALITY was truly great! It's a must read for any zombie fan! It's a different kind of zombie book that I am SO glad I read! I really hope Kelly decides to write another book in this series, because I don't want it to end! 

NOTE: I received an eARC from the Author for review. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!




Kellie SheridanI have been in love with stories in all of their forms for as long as I can remember. Admittedly, sometimes that means falling into places like Stars Hollow and Sunnydale, but books have always been my true love. In early 2011 I began writing a book blog in order to share my favorite reads with book lovers. From there, the bookish community encouraged me to stop sitting on my own stories and share them instead. Since then I’ve been madly devouring everything I can about digital publishing.

For the past two years I have been mainly obsessed with young adult books, but my favorite stories still come from the adult fantasy genre. As far as I’m concerned, Briggs, Bishop, Vincent and Vaughn are all must reads.

I spent part of my twenties living in Galway, Ireland and swooning after various lilting accents but am now back home in Ontario, Canada. My family includes two Glen of Imaal Terriers and a Green Cheek Conure.


{Blog} {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}



What did you think of my review of DUALITY???

Have you read it yet? If not, will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?







10 comments:

  1. This review was so fun to read...love how you broke it up with the pictures! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the review! :) It was so much fun to read!

      Thanks for commenting, Melissas! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice review! lthough i haven't read the book, i liked the recommendation! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alex! I hope you decide to give this series a try, it's so worth it!

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. sounds like such a cool book! I LOVE zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun book to read! Kellie takes zombies to a whole new level! You ever wonder what it was like to be in the mind of a zombie? Well this book will put you in their shoes! It's amazing!

      Thanks for commenting, Fatma :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really not a fan of zombies but you're review is interesting and the gifs are spooky yet good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Chanpreet, if your not a fan of zombies, then I would stay away from this one! It's blood, gory, and so much fun! ;)

      Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  5. I've been on a zombie binge and this sounds like a must for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Mortality. WHY have I not read Mortality yet? I loved the sound of it, that is why I have it. I see a recurring theme with my comments to your reviews.... I have an issue with not reading books on my Kindle and bookshelf. It is a simple case of Library Addiction. It is a legitimate issue, and I suffer from it. I need to rectify this. But I will stop because this is my issue not yours. By the way, Duality sounds really good, and I love the cover. Another added to the TBR. Your blog is hurting me with all of these add-ons to the very bloated TBR. I am okay with it though!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)