Thursday, February 27, 2014

What's Next #46: Rebel, The Ring and The Crown, Alice In Zombieland


What's Next
is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!



Hey Guys,  
Happy Thursday!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far? So who is excited as I am for next weeks releases??? I have SO many Pre-orders it's crazy! But mainly I'm excited for NIL. Oh, and my finished copy of THE WINNER'S CURSE, but I already read it and LOVED it! But I'm giving my ARC away, so I HAD to get me a finished copy! If you haven't read THE WINNER'S CURSE yet, PUT IT AT THE TOP OF YOUR TBR PILE!!! Because it is amazing, BEYOND AMAZING!! Anyways, check out What's Next in my Reading Pile and if you can help me out by voting on What Next to read, you'd be a BIG help!





PICK ONE



Rebel (Reboot, #2)
Rebel
Published: May  13th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15769788-rebel
After coming back from death as Reboots and being trained by HARC as soldiers, Wren and Callum have finally escaped north, where they hope to find a life of freedom. But when they arrive at the Reboot Reservation, it isn't what they expected. Under the rule of a bloodthirsty leader, Micah, the Reboots are about to wage an all-out war on the humans. Although Wren's instincts are telling her to set off into the wilderness on their own and leave the battle far behind, Callum is unwilling to let his human family be murdered. When Micah commits the ultimate betrayal, the choice is made for them. But Micah has also made a fatal mistake . . . he's underestimated Wren and Callum.

The explosive finale to the Reboot duology is full of riveting action and steamy love scenes as Wren and Callum become rebels against their own kind.






PICK TWO



The Ring and The Crown

The Ring & The Crown
Genres: YA, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18296016-the-ring-and-the-crown
A Princess Marie-Victoria, heir to the Lily Throne, and Aelwyn Myrddn, bastard daughter of the Mage of England, grew up together. But who will rule, and who will serve?

Quiet and gentle, Marie has never lived up to the ambitions of her mother, Queen Eleanor the Second, Supreme Ruler of the Franco-British Empire. With the help of her Head Merlin, Emrys, Eleanor has maintained her stranglehold on the world's only source of magic. She rules the most powerful empire the world has ever seen.

But even with the aid of Emrys' magic, Eleanor's extended lifespan is nearing its end. The princess must marry and produce an heir or the Empire will be vulnerable to its greatest enemy, Prussia. The two kingdoms must unite to end the war, and the only solution is a match between Marie and Prince Leopold VII, heir to the Prussian throne. But Marie has always loved Gill, her childhood friend and soldier of the Queen's Guard.

Together, Marie and Aelwyn, a powerful magician in her own right, come up with a plan. Aelwyn will take on Marie's face, allowing the princess to escape with Gill and live the quiet life she's always wanted. And Aelwyn will get what she's always dreamed of--the chance to rule. But the court intrigue and hunger for power in Lenoran England run deeper than anyone could imagine. In the end, there is only rule that matters in Eleanor's court: trust no one.
 





PICK THREE





Alice in Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
Alice In Zombieland


Published: September 25th, 2012
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fatansy

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11300302-alice-in-zombieland
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.

Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.
So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first. 

Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)





3 comments:

  1. I'm going to go ahead and say The Ring and the Crown. That sounds the most interesting and Alice in Zombieland isn't that great. It's not as action-packed or Alicey :)
    Hope you enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is hard, but I think I'm voting for The ring and crown too, Rebel is a close second. Alice in Zombieland is on my TBR, but I keep putting it off, I'm not really sure about it. Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally Rebel. I read Reboot and loved it, so yeah... Have a great time reading whichever one you pick :D

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)