Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #40: Fire & Flood


  Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!


  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 



 Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? Mine? Okay, I guess! Anyways, This weeks teaser is the second time I have posted a teaser from this book! The first time I was reading it, the main character annoyed me, so I put it down, but I'm picking it back up again, hoping my reading mood as changed! Will See? So check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!


 
HAPPY READING! :-)


Here's My #40th Teaser Tuesday From Fire & Flood!




 FIRE & FLOOD




Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)  Fire & Flood
Victoria Scott
(Fire & Flood #1)
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f
Published: February 25th, 2014


 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16069167-fire-flood
Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?





NOTE:
Both Teasers are taken out of an ARC. Some quotes might change in the final copy!




Chapter 7: Page: 50
"While the Cure will be awarded to a single winner at the end of the last ecosystem, we will bestow a smaller prize for each leg of the race. The prize for the jungle portion will be monetary."

The woman pauses dramatically. "I'd like to officially welcome you to the Brimstone Bleed. 

May the Bravest Contender win."

 

Chapter 33: Page: 257
He leans in and a million thoughts flood my mind. 

Things like: 

Do I let him kiss me so he believes I'm not a threat?

Do I slap his face and drag my nails across his check?

Would his lips feel like Guy's?

Guy.




 
Victoria ScottVictoria Scott is a teen fiction writer represented by Sara Crowe. She's the author of the FIRE & FLOOD series published by Scholastic, and the DANTE WALKER trilogy published by Entangled Teen. Her books have been bought and translated in eleven foreign markets including the UK, Turkey, China, Poland, Germany, Australia, Israel, Taiwan, Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.

Victoria lives in Dallas with her husband and hearts cotton candy something fierce.
  




So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of Fire & Flood?

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo. Look out for my review of Fire & Flood coming soon!

Thanks For Stopping B
y! :-






12 comments:

  1. Ha -- I laughed when you said that MC annoyed you. I found her completely annoying at the beginning of the book. I can't say I fell in love with her 100% but she definitely got better.
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Jen, she was driving me mad! I wanted to scream at the beginning of the book! But as of 60 pages in, she's definitely A LOT better, and I am relieved, because I don't think I could take that torture much longer...lol!

      Thank you for commenting back! Happy Reading, Jen! :)

      Delete
  2. I was really looking forward to reading it, but I've heard a few things about the annoying MC. I'll probably still read it form my own view on it but it's not on my priority list now. :( Shame though.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you should definitely still read it and see for yourself. It is getting better though, the MC is still a little annoying, but she's better now that she has a purpose! I hope you do enjoy it though, a lot of people loved it, so you might!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I have been seeing this book around a lot. I hope it hooks you this time you try to read it. My teasers this week are from Gamemaster by David Klass and Grave Memory by Kalayna Price. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this one is everywhere, and a lot of people seem to love it! But its just not sucking me in like I hoped it would! But it's definitely getting better now!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. She lost me with fresh air in Montana. She should see the inversions we get here. And don't get me started on the stuff the drifts in from Idaho.


    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in Montana? Does she have the weather all wrong? And I haven't gotten to the part about Idaho yet!!

      Now that I'm getting further along in FIRE & FLOOD, and the MC is getting better with her immature ways, its getting better. But I know I'm probably not going to love this one, maybe like, but not love it! Will see though!

      Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. At first glance, this reminds me of The Hunger Games. Sorry you're not getting into the character. It sounds like it could be a good story.
    My Teaser is from THE CALICO HEART.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does have it's similarities, but as of 60 pages in, it's really a lot different from the Hunger Games! It's an okay read as of now, well that was after I got over the whinny MC, but it's getting better now! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  6. Oh nice tease! Hope you get into this one better the second time around! I loved it! It took me a bit to like Tella, but I did eventually! Hope the same goes for you!


    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's definitely taken me a bit to get into Tella's character, but now that she's fighting for her brothers life and not whinny about nail polish, >.< she's definitely matured! So as of 60 pages in, I'm enjoying it a lot more! I hope it stays that way? :)

      Thanks for checking out my TT! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)