Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #39: Three

  Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:


  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page
Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 



 Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?

Mine was hectic! My whole family including myself was sick! But of course since I'm the mommy, I don't get to be sick! I can handle both my kids sick at the same time, but when my husbands sick? Oh, gosh, NO! I'll be running...lol! He's the biggest baby when he's sick! But of course he'll never tell ya that! ;) **Shhh** Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!

 

HAPPY READING! :-)


Here's My #39th Teaser Tuesday From Three!





Three (Article 5, #3)
  Three
Kristen Simmons
(Article 5 #3)
Published: February 11th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17559899-three
Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.

With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.

Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.

Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.

At fighting back.
 
Chapter: 6 Page: 84
"I think I might be broken." He didn't look up.
I moved closer, feeling his sadness wash over me.

"We're all broken," I said. "We just have to put each other back together."

 My loose fist holding the flower came to rest in the center of his chest, locked between us. He leaned down, his forehead touching mine. His eyes closed.

"What if I'm too far gone?"

"Then I'll find you," I said. "And I'll bring you back."




 
Chapter: 12 Page: 176
I flattened my hand over his heart, feeling it beating hard. 

Feeling it as if it were mine, and knowing if he was gone, mine too would go silent.





Kristen SimmonsI was raised in Reno, Nevada—just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains—with horses and dogs and Red Angus cattle. When I was little I had a colorful imagination (read: I was a cheerful liar), and loved to write stories. I rocked spandex shorts and slouch socks, put too many scrunchies in my side ponytail, and watched The Goonies approximately one kajillion times. For a brief time, I dedicated myself to a future in professional hockey after careful study of The Mighty Ducks.
 




So whatcha think of this weeks Teaser of Three? Look out for my review of Three coming soon!



Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?
If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.
 

Thanks for stopping by! :-) 



 

8 comments:

  1. Aww! Great teasers! The first one was sweet!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, the fist one was my fave too! And it was definitely heart-pounding while reading it! :)

      Thanks for checking out my TT! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I definitely IS GOOD! I'm really enjoying the final book, but sad to see it end! :(

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent Teaser! I want this book.
    My Teaser is from CAPE MAYBE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra! Next week it'll FINALLY be here, and trust me, it is WELL worth the wait! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Super mommy! Hope you're feeling better. :) The teasers sound intense, I'll have to start it as soon as I can now the series is finished. Thanks for stopping by mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, Supper Mommy's tired...lol! I'm just now starting to feel better!

      This book is intense and SO AMAZING! I am so sad that this is the last book! WHY do all the good books have to be Trilogy's?

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)