Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Release Day Review Of Three by Kristen Simmons



  HAPPY BOOK 

BIRTHDAY THREE



I am SO Stoked that THREE is finally out into the world for all to read! I've read it, and LOVED it! I absolutely loved everything about it! And its finally here, and I hope everyone will enjoy it as much as I have!!! 





Three (Article 5, #3) Three
Kristen Simmons
(Article 5 #3)
Published: February 11th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17559899-three 
Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.

With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.

Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.

Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.

At fighting back.
{Amazon} {Barnes & Noble}






I am shaking right now while writing this review! My emotions are on overdrive, and I have to do  something with my hands before I hyperventilate!




(Me After Reading THREE)

This book was emotionally-packed! With this being the last book in the ARTICLE 5 series, Kristen Simmons did not hold back one bit, no she went all out! Throughout most of this book, mainly the last half or so, I was on edge, I was in horror at some of the gruesome things that were happening, but I was also in awe at some of the indescribable events that were unfolding! I loved every minute of this book, and I wouldn't change a single thing about it! This series will forever go down as one of the best dystopian series I have ever read!

Kristen Simmons knows how to stay true to the dystopian roots, and how to interweave, in the stuff we all love; action, adventure, betrayal, survival, war, love, and a fight for freedom! I am so incredibility sad to see this series end! I just picked up ARTICLE 5 last month, and when I was finished, I had, no scratch that, I NEEDED the next book BREAKING POINT! Then luckily I managed to get an ARC of THREE, and I couldn't wait any longer, I needed to know how Ember's and Chase's journey was going to end! And Kristen Simmons has given me that, tongue-twisting, tummy-tingling, hands-shacking, nail-biting, utterly-amazing ending! This series was a journey I will never forget, and these characters will live in my heart for years to come!

THE PLOT...

THREE picks up where BREAKING POINT left off! Ember and Chase has gotten Rebecca back from the rehabilitation Center, they have helped in the resistance, they have aided people in their time of need. They have done all they can, they are ready to stop running, and fighting! They finally made it to the safe house, their supposedly "Safe heaven" that will be their sanctuary, where they can just...live! But when they get there, they're dreams are shattered! It's gone!!! Completely GONE! Burned to the ground, with the innocent people with it! All the lives and secrets  it holds, up in smoke! 

The Moral Militia has struck again! They are killing more of the resistance with each passing day, and they seem one step ahead of them! Ember and Chase are done! They are done running, and hiding from the very system that has taken their lives, and the lives of the ones they love! They are ready to take a stand...and fight back, and they are not stopping until the FBR is destroyed!

After Ember and Chase find the destruction of the safe house up in smoke, they find signs of survivors. Signs that some people did make it out, and that they're trekking away from the safe house towards something...or someone! 

Ember, Chase, Sean, Rebecca, and a couple of the non-injured people in their group, head away from the remains of the safe house to track the remaining survivors so they can re-group as a team, and figure out what's next! Ember and Chase know in-order to win this war, they will need to find this mysterious Rebel Organization, THREE! 

But where are they? How can they find them? And are they really who they say they are? And if so, are they ready to take the final stand against The Federal Bureau of Reformation and end this war for good....? 

Ember and Chase will go on their final battle to save not only themselves, but the rest of the people under the Federal Bureau Of Reformation's rule. 

The fight is all but here, Ember & Chase have beaten everything the FBR has thrown at them. They are stronger, wiser, and more determined then ever to take the FBR down and finished them for good!

Ember will take a stand, she will tell her story to everyone, she will let it be known what has been done to her! She will speak for every girl, mother, father, brother, uncle, aunt, every person unable to stand, she will stand for them, in hopes that when the time comes, they will stand for themselves! She will lead the change...or die trying!

I couldn't say to much as far as the plot is concerned without giving spoilers, and I do not want to spoil a single part of this EXPLOSIVE Finale! It is the perfect conclusion for the ARTICLE 5!

THREE was really everything I was hoping for! It tied up all the lose ends that I was dying to know. It one way or another "Ended the War" I won't say which way or what. But I can happily say that THREE delivered! And at the same time, I am so happy it's finally here, but I am incredibly sad too, and I am not ready to say good bye! But, if I must, then I am happy to have it end now, the way it did!

So Kristen Simmons, I have just one thing to say,
BRAVO!!   


 photo 833320_zps9d3183d9.gif

(Me Giving Kristen Simmons The Props She Deserves)



  NOTE: I received a copy of THREE for review from the publisher. All opinions expressed are my own, and are not influenced in any way!
 ***Thanks Tor Teen***


5 EXPLOSIVE Bone Hearts





Kristen SimmonsI was raised in Reno, Nevada—just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains—with horses and dogs and Red Angus cattle. When I was little I had a colorful imagination (read: I was a cheerful liar), and loved to write stories. I rocked spandex shorts and slouch socks, put too many scrunchies in my side ponytail, and watched The Goonies approximately one kajillion times. For a brief time, I dedicated myself to a future in professional hockey after careful study of The Mighty Ducks.
 



 What did you think of my review of THREE? 

Will you be reading ARTICLE 5 Series? 





3 comments:

  1. YEEESSS!!! Thank you Alicia! Thank you, thank you! I am so excited. In such a big way! Thank you... I don't know what to even say. I am just so incredibly happy that Three lived up to the first two in the series, and was made of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the first book in this series but it's great to know that the series remains as strong as the preceding two books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read all 3 books back to back and I loved this series, but Three was my favorite of the series. I thought it had a great plot and was very well written. I was sad to say goodbye to this cast of characters though! I'm glad you loved it too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)