Sunday, February 9, 2014

My Weekly Reading Pile #1

My Weekly Reading Pile is a feature over at Fiktshun that shows off the books that you are planning to read for that week! It is not a memo, but Rachel, the mind behind Fiktshun has graciously allowed me to use her brilliant idea here @ Addicted Readers!  


So Thank you very much Rachel! :)


So every week (Or Almost Every Week) I will post what is in my weekly schedule of books to read for that week! Of course it could change, or the same book might be featured back to back if I wasn't able to get to it that week.




THIS WEEK IN MY READING PILE IS...


First Up is FIRE & FLOOD By:



 Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1)


 Fire & Flood





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16069167-fire-flood
A modern day thrill ride, where a teen girl and her animal companion must participate in a breathtaking race to save her brother's life—and her own.

Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.


Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?



 WHY I WANT TO READ IT:

FIRE & FLOOD's premise sounds right up my alley! I love pretty much anything dystopian, and Fire and Flood, sounds like it has all my dystopian likes: Survival, race to save the one you love, a battle for your life, terrifying atmosphere, the ultimate count down until its over, A virus (Or whatever it is that is making these people so sick) that is slowly claiming lives! I mean the list could go on and on of why I want to read Fire & Flood! So that is first up!




-------------------------------




Next Up Is CURED By:




Cured (Stung, #2)

 Cured

Bethany Wiggins (Stung #2)
Published: March 4th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17874904-cured?ac=1
Now that Fiona Tarsis and her twin brother, Jonah, are no longer beasts, they set out to find their mother, with the help of Bowen and a former neighbor, Jacqui. Heading for a safe settlement rumored to be in Wyoming, they plan to spread the cure along the way--until they are attacked by raiders. Luckily, they find a new ally in Kevin, who saves them and leads them to safety in his underground shelter. But the more they get to know Kevin, the more they suspect he has ties to the raiders. He also seems to know too many details about Jacqui and her family—details that could endanger them all. For the raiders will do anything they can to destroy the cure that would bring an end to their way of life. 

  Bethany Wiggins’s reimagining of our world after an environmental catastrophe won’t fail to stun readers.
{Amazon} {Barnes & Noble}




 WHY I WANT TO READ IT:


So the next book I really hope I get to this week is CURED! I read STUNG the first book last year, and loved it! It was my favorite book last year. So I am so excited to get back into this terrifying, yet addicting world in this series! I got a eARC and its releasing in the beginning of March, so I need to get this one read and reviewed before the release date!



I know I won't be able to get to anymore books this week. Two is usually all I can handle with my busy life. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get to CURED this week, but I'm going to push it! 


-------------------------



Well that's it for my FIRST Weekly Reading Pile! Thanks for stopping by, and stop by next week to see what I'm reading!


Do you have a weekly reading pile or a similar memo? If so, link me up so I can see what your reading! ;)



HAPPY READING!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)