Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Highlander Reborn By: Laura Hunsaker Review




















highlander reborn

 





Highlander Reborn
Highlander Reborn
Published: October 2nd, 2012
Genres: Paranormal Romance

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15991146-highlander-reborn
Highlander Reborn begins in Scotland, many centuries ago, where a blacksmith fights for his life and his people. His life is forever changed when Amalia, one of the Nightkind, makes the choice to save his life. But first, he has to die...

1304…

After Nevin MacLachlan’s wife was killed by a vampire, he made it his mission to hunt them all down. But one late Highland night, in a battle he couldn’t win, one of the Nightkind ripped open his throat. With his blood draining onto the grass, the last thing Nevin sees isn’t a white light; it’s the dark of night closing in on him.

Amalia has been enamored with the blacksmith ever since he first held a stake to her heart. Watching him die was unacceptable. Will he ever forgive her for turning him into what he hates most?

Nevin has lived his life alone for a reason. When Amalia walks back into his life seven centuries later asking for help, he wants nothing more but to turn his back to her. But something about her still calls to him.

Some of the Nightkind in Amalia’s seethe have been killed. It’s up to her to find Nevin and ask for his help. But how can she show Nevin that she isn’t the monster he thinks she is?
NOTE: This is a cross over review from goodreads that I've written over a year ago!
This book was AWESOME! I LOVED IT!! The only thing I did not like about this book was it was too short! I would of loved to see this into a full novel. I felt that the author could of added more pages to the story and made it even better then it was. It really was great and kept my attention through-out the book! And DEFINITELY had me wanting more!!

This book starts off in the 1300 hundreds when a charismatic blacksmith's wife is killed by a vampire. Filled with grief and revenge in his blood, he's determined not to rest until every one of the bloodsuckers are hanging on his wall, if the don't turn to ash first...lol!

But then the unthinkable happens, he's ambushed and forced into battle and almost beheaded. As he lays there waiting for death to claim him, he is prepared to leave this world behind and meet his wife in the after life. Or so he thought!

He is turned into the very thing he despises and hunted. A Vampire!

So that's where to book gets fun!

He wasn't turn by just any vampire, he was turned by the Queen herself. The beautiful Amalia wants him like she's never wanted anyone in her VERY long existence. BUT there's one problem! He wants nothing to do with the monster that turned him into a monster.

So Amalia does the only thing she can do, Give him space. That is until seven centuries pass and someone is now hunting the Queen. So Queen Amalia turns to him for help with finding the bastard that's hunting her. But it won't be easy to get him to cooperate, just like it wasn't easy 700 years ago.

This book was VERY detailed with some nice love scene that was really just a plus for this book. I really, really, enjoyed this book and just wished it was longer. I give mad props to this author for this book and will definitely be checking out more of her work in the future.

I give this book 4 stars, and if it would of been longer, I probably would of gave it an EASY 5 stars! But its definitely worth checking out!
  4 Bone Hearts





I am a writer who loves the idea of a hunky Highlander sweeping me off my feet. So I wrote about what I like. And luckily someone else liked it enough to publish it. Now I am working on the next in what I hope to be a fantastic series, and I’ll post updates and excerpts here, so keep reading, and tell me what you think. I love to hear from readers.
Those of you who know me from www.demonloversbooksandmore.com and www.gotfiction.com know me as the Highland Hussy. Don’t you worry-blogging is one of my favorite things in the world, and I have no plans to ever stop. At least not until the Demon Lover herself kicks me off. :) So feel free to catch up with me over there too.

And the Highland Hussy will keep writing about those hunky Highlanders as long as you guys keep reading. Well, I’m not gonna lie to you, I’d probably write them anyways, I mean who doesn’t love a hot Scot?
I love to hear from readers. Contact me at my contact page here on my site!



 

6 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate it when you are really into a book and then it ends way too early for you (my whole reason for binge reading series books)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just hate it when you are really into a book and then it ends way too early for you (my whole reason for binge reading series books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa took the words right out of my mouth. I don't like it when I'm engrossed in a book and it ends prematurely or quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scotland! I love that part of the story, even before reading the rest of the blurb! And it sounds like it turned out to be a pretty darn good book. I will say though, on the negative side, that the cover is.... not my favorite. I am not really a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not really a fan of paranormal books, but I do like a good vampire story now and then. You've made me want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Fantastic review! I can relate to the book being too short and wanting more of it.
    I have this on my TBR, but didn't realize it was also a vampire book. Just the cover and the name drew me in. I love all things Highlander. ;)
    I will be moving it up my TBR. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)