Thursday, January 30, 2014

What's Next #42: Uninvited, Three, Cinder

What's Next
is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!




Hey Guys,  
Happy Thursday!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far?
 Me? Well my kids were sick this weekend and of course they've passed to me! So I feel like a truck ran me over! And to make matters worse, Schools been closed for 2 days! Ugh, I don't think my week can get any worse! But enough about my problems! I have 3 more great books in this weeks reading pile that I'm been looking forward to reading. So if you can help me out by voting on What Next to read, you'd be a BIG help!






PICK ONE



Uninvited (Uninvited, #1)
Uninvited
Published: January 28th, 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Pre-Dystopian

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13645645-uninvited
The Scarlet Letter meets Minority Report in bestselling author Sophie Jordan's chilling new novel about a teenage girl who is ostracized when her genetic test proves she's destined to become a murderer.

When Davy Hamilton's tests come back positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome (HTS)-aka the kill gene-she loses everything. Her boyfriend ditches her, her parents are scared of her, and she can forget about her bright future at Juilliard. Davy doesn't feel any different, but genes don't lie. One day she will kill someone.

Only Sean, a fellow HTS carrier, can relate to her new life. Davy wants to trust him; maybe he's not as dangerous as he seems. Or maybe Davy is just as deadly.

The first in a two-book series, Uninvited tackles intriguing questions about free will, identity, and human nature. Steeped in New York Times bestselling author Sophie Jordan's trademark mix of gripping action and breathless romance, this suspenseful tale is perfect for fans of James Patterson, Michelle Hodkin, and Lisa McMann.





PICK TWO



Three (Article 5, #3)
Three
Kristen Simmons
(Article 5 #3)
Published: February 11th, 2014
Genres: Young Adult, Dystopian


  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17559899-three
  Ember Miller and Chase Jennings are ready to stop running. After weeks spent in hiding as two of the Bureau of Reformation’s most wanted criminals, they have finally arrived at the safe house, where they hope to live a safe and quiet existence.

And all that’s left is smoking ruins.

Devastated by the demolition of their last hope, Ember and Chase follow the only thing left to them—tracks leading away from the wreckage. The only sign that there may have been survivors.

With their high profile, they know they can’t stay out in the open for long. They take shelter in the wilderness and amidst the ruins of abandoned cities as they follow the tracks down the coast, eventually finding refugees from the destroyed safe house. Among them is someone from Chase’s past—someone he never thought he’d see again.

Banding together, they search for a place to hide, aiming for a settlement a few of them have heard about…a settlement that is rumored to house the nebulous organization known as Three. The very group that has provided Ember with a tiny ray of hope ever since she was first forced on the run.

Three is responsible for the huge network of underground safe houses and resistance groups across the country. And they may offer Ember her only chance at telling the world her story.

At fighting back.





PICK THREE


Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) Cinder
Published:January 3rd, 2012
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f 

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder?ac=1
Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.




So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first.

Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)








8 comments:

  1. Cinder is quite literally my favorite book ever. With a Christmas gift-card, I bought Cinder and the next two books in the series that I haven't even read yet because I love Cinder and all three books seem to get all amazing reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CINDER is a VERY popular book! I love how the author is doing each book about a different fairytale, and then having them all intertwine!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, this hard!!! I very much want to read all 3 books but I'm voting for Cinder too! I'm reading it as soon as Cress comes out it's really seems to be an all-around favourite with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it seems everyone who reads CINDER loves it! I can't wait to read it!
      Thanks for voting! :)

      Delete
  3. Ummmmm. I'm going with CINDER too. It is AWESOME. So was Uninvited, but my vote is for Cinder :) Hope you enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, CINDER has been on myself FOREVER! I think it's about time I get to it!

      Thanks for voting as always! :)

      Delete
  4. All three of them look SO good! I'm voting for Uninvited...I'm so excited to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too! It's one of my most anticipated books of 2014! Thanks for voting! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)