Thursday, January 23, 2014

What's Next #41: Avalon, The Here And Now, The Tyrant's Daughter

What's Next
is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up! 





Hey Guys,  
Happy Thursday!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far?
Me? Well besides all the snow, and having my kids home from school running a muck, I'd say it's been just dandy...lol! :) Anyways, I have 3 more great books in this weeks reading pile that I'm been looking forward to reading. So if you can help me out by voting on What Next to read, you'd be a BIG help!





PICK ONE



Avalon (Avalon, #1)
Avalon
Published: January 21st, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17149396-avalon
Of the various star systems that make up the Confederation, most lie thousands of light-years from First Earth-and out here, no one is free. The agencies that govern the Confederation are as corrupt as the crime bosses who patrol it, and power is held by anyone with enough greed and ruthlessness to claim it. That power is derived from one thing: metatech, the devices that allow people to travel great distances faster than the speed of light.

Jeth Seagrave and his crew of teenage mercenaries have survived in this world by stealing unsecured metatech, and they're damn good at it. Jeth doesn't care about the politics or the law; all he cares about is earning enough money to buy back his parents' ship, Avalon, from his crime-boss employer and getting himself and his sister, Lizzie, the heck out of Dodge. But when Jeth finds himself in possession of information that both the crime bosses and the government are willing to kill for, he is going to have to ask himself how far he'll go to get the freedom he's wanted for so long.





PICK TWO



The Here and NowThe Here And Now
 April 8th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Time Travel 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18242896-the-here-and-now?ac=1
Follow the rules. Remember what happened. Never fall in love.

Thrilling, exhilarating, haunting, and heartbreaking, The Here and Now is a twenty-first-century take on an impossible romance. Ann Brashares’ first novel for teens since The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is about a girl from the future who might be able to save the world . . . if she lets go of the one thing she’s found to hold on to.

Meet seventeen-year-old Prenna James, who immigrated to New York when she was twelve. Except Prenna didn’t come from a different country. She came from a different time—a future where a mosquito-borne illness has mutated into a pandemic, killing millions and leaving the world in ruins.

Prenna and the others who escaped to the present day must follow a strict set of rules: never reveal where they’re from, never interfere with history, and never, ever be intimate with anyone outside their community. Prenna does as she’s told, believing she can help prevent the plague that will one day ravage the earth. But everything changes when she falls for Ethan Jarves.





PICK THREE




The Tyrant's Daughter
 The Tyrant's Daughter
Published: February 11th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17910573-the-tyrant-s-daughter?from_search=true
When her father is killed in a coup, 15-year-old Laila flees from the war-torn middle east to a life of exile and anonymity in the U.S. Gradually she adjusts to a new school, new friends, and a new culture, but while Laila sees opportunity in her new life, her mother is focused on the past. She’s conspiring with CIA operatives and rebel factions to regain the throne their family lost. Laila can’t bear to stand still as an international crisis takes shape around her, but how can one girl stop a conflict that spans generations? 



 So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first.

Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)





6 comments:

  1. Ooh! I vote for The Tyrant's Daughter! It looks amazing and I'd really love to read it. ;) I haven't heard good things about Avalon. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tyrant's Daughter is definitely one that I am really looking forward too! Thanks for voting! :)

      Delete
  2. AVALON! Hehe in contrast to Cait, I've heard alot of great things about it :P Hope you enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I've heard mixed things. Some people loved it, while others hated it, and some said it was meh.

      But I'm definitely one to find out for myself and not rely solely on other peoples opinions! But it sounds like something I would love!

      As always, thanks for voting today! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Iook, another Avalon! :) Already voted for this today, I'm voting for it here too, despite the fact that I really want to get my hands on the new Ann Brashares book. Avalon seems to divide people from what I've heard so far but it's one of those books I have to check out for myself! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a vote for The Here and Now...though The Tyrant's Daughter sounds intriguing...I may have to watch for some reviews of that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)