Thursday, January 16, 2014

What's Next #40: Defy, The Testing, Siege & Storm


What's Next
 is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!



Hey Guys,
Happy Thursday!  
 I hope everyone had a wonderful week?

Well, I have 3 more great books on this weeks reading pile that I must read. If you can help me out on deciding What Next to read, you would be a BIG help! Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :)




PICK ONE




Defy (Defy, #1)Defy
Published: January 7th, 2014
Genres: YA,  Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17406847-defy?ac=1

Alexa Hollen is a fighter. Forced to disguise herself as a boy and serve in the king's army, Alex uses her quick wit and fierce sword-fighting skills to earn a spot on the elite prince's guard. But when a powerful sorcerer sneaks into the palace in the dead of night, even Alex, who is virtually unbeatable, can't prevent him from abducting her, her fellow guard and friend Rylan, and Prince Damian, taking them through the treacherous wilds of the jungle and deep into enemy territory.

The longer Alex is held captive with both Rylan and the prince, the more she realizes that she is not the only one who has been keeping dangerous secrets. And suddenly, after her own secret is revealed, Alex finds herself confronted with two men vying for her heart: the safe and steady Rylan, who has always cared for her, and the dark, intriguing Damian. With hidden foes lurking around every corner, is Alex strong enough to save herself and the kingdom she's sworn to protect?







PICKTWO




The Testing (The Testing, #1)
The Testing
Joelle Charbonneau
(The Testing #1)
Published: June 4th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13326831-the-testing
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Isn’t that what they say? But how close is too close when they may be one in the same?

The Seven Stages War left much of the planet a charred wasteland. The future belongs to the next generation’s chosen few who must rebuild it. But to enter this elite group, candidates must first pass The Testing—their one chance at a college education and a rewarding career.

Cia Vale is honored to be chosen as a Testing candidate; eager to prove her worthiness as a University student and future leader of the United Commonwealth. But on the eve of her departure, her father’s advice hints at a darker side to her upcoming studies--trust no one.

But surely she can trust Tomas, her handsome childhood friend who offers an alliance? Tomas, who seems to care more about her with the passing of every grueling (and deadly) day of the Testing. To survive, Cia must choose: love without truth or life without trust.





PICKTHREE



 Siege And Storm
Leigh Bardugo
(The Grisha #2)
Published: June 4th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Paranormal

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14061955-siege-and-storm?ac=1
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.




So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first.


Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)







9 comments:

  1. The testing sounds really good but I vote for Siege and storm! That trilogy is amazing! Hope you enjoy whatever you pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED the first book Shadow and Bone! I've had this book since June, and I really need to get to it asap. I've heard nothing but amazing things about Siege and storm!

      Thanks for voting! )

      Delete
  2. Well, I've never actually read any of them, though they all sound good. I think I'd personally go with Defy. Now I'm headed over to Goodreads to look into all three of them.
    http://pagesofstarlight.blogspot.com/2014/01/whats-next-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pick The Testing if you are looking for a new series to start but if you are in the mood to continue a series you already started I would pick Siege and Storm. Happy Reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you really need to have a post today? SEIGE AND STORM it was amazing and sad and awesome and - you get the idea. (Btw DEFY is disappointing, there is no Mulan'ish cool character) Enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh those are all such good picks! but I'd say The Testing since that's one I've been interested in that book lately

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read any of them yet. However I've heard great things from all three. My suggestion would be Defy only because it sounds really good. Have a great weekend. I hope you enjoy your pick. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DEFY! DEFY! DEFY! I've read it and absolutely loved it! Both of the others are high on my TBR shelf, though...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Siege & Storm!!! So fantastic...

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)