Thursday, January 9, 2014

What's Next #39: Breath Of Frost, Nerve, Orenda


What's Next
 is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!


Hey Guys,
Happy Thursday!  
 I hope everyone had a wonderful week?

Well, I have 3 more great books on this weeks reading pile that I must read. If you can help me out on deciding What Next to read, you would be a BIG help! Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :)




 PICK  ONE



A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1)A Breath Of Frost
Alyxandra Harvey
(The Lovegrove Legacy #1)
Published: January 7th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16059442-a-breath-of-frost
In 1814, three cousins-Gretchen, Emma, and Penelope-discover their unknown family lineage of witchcraft. Beyond the familiar manicured gardens and ballrooms of Regency London, a dangerous, alluring new underworld visible only to those with power is now open to the cousins. But unbeknownst to them, by claiming their power, the three cousins have inadvertently opened the gates to the Underworld. 

Now the dead, ghouls, hellhounds-and the most terrifying of all: the spirits of dark witches known as the Greymalkin Sisters-are hunting and killing young debutante witches for their powers. 


And, somehow, Emma is connected to the murders...because she keeps finding the bodies. 


Can the cousins unravel the clues and mystery behind their heritage and power before their gifts are stripped away ...or even worse, another witch is killed?
 




PICK  TWO




NerveNerve 
Jeanne Ryan 
 Published: September 13th, 2012 Genres: YA, Thriller, Sci-f

 
A high-stakes online game of dares turns deadly

When Vee is picked to be a player in NERVE, an anonymous game of dares broadcast live online, she discovers that the game knows her. They tempt her with prizes taken from her ThisIsMe page and team her up with the perfect boy, sizzling-hot Ian. At first it's exhilarating--Vee and Ian's fans cheer them on to riskier dares with higher stakes. But the game takes a twisted turn when they're directed to a secret location with five other players for the Grand Prize round. Suddenly they're playing all or nothing, with their lives on the line. Just how far will Vee go before she loses NERVE?
 





PICK THREE



Orenda
Orenda
Ruth Silver
Published: 2014 
Genres: YA, Fantasy,Paranormal

 
Willow has a gift, one she never thought possible as she finds herself awake after a strange dream with the tell-tale sign that what she dreamt was in fact real. The dreamscape, was more than just a premonition it happened. She’d been momentarily tossed into another dimension. Where most would consider her crazy, not her best friend Bray.

In another reality, one similar and yet slightly different Willow has been kidnapped by the sorceress turned demon, Eilith. Rawlie, Willow’s friend and companion crosses to our universe for help and brings Willow into his world, the dreamscape. Filled with frightening creatures and magical elements, Willow demands to go home, until she discovers Bray has been taken by Eilith as well. Unable to watch her best friend die, she joins forces with Rawlie, Jamie and the others to hunt down Eilith and rescue those they care about.


So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first.


Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)









10 comments:

  1. Oh I've wanted to read Nerve forever, so I'm voting for that one! Whatever you choose, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nerve has been on my TBR Pile for So long, and I'm just now deciding its time to read it. So don't feel bad for wanting to read it forever too! Thanks for voting

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read Nerve for ages, but since I've read it not so long ago, I'm voting for A Breath of Frost, it's a fun one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books, so little time...lol! I hate that! When I have so many books that I NEED to read NOW, but of course I can't (I'm a far cry from being multi-tasked...lol)

      Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  3. I think Breath of Frost sounds really good. I vote for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been forever since I read a good witch craft book! I think I'm WAY over due for some magic in my life! Thanks for voting!

      Delete
  4. NERVE! I really want to read it, but I have to wait till I'm older :P But I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't grow up to fast! There's plenty of time to read these above YA level YA's when you're a bit older! :) No Preaching, I Promise, just friendly advice! :D

      I remember when I was about 13-14. I always wanted to have or do things above my age level, and now that I just turned 30 (Ugh, don't remind me...lo) I wish I would of just remand a child and did kid things! I guess its apart of being a kid, always wanting to grow up to fast! :D Anyways, as always thanks for voting! :D

      Delete
  5. Of those three, I'd pick Nerve too!! I may have to add that one to my TBR list!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for voting! It looks like Nerve it is! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)