Thursday, January 2, 2014

What's Next #38: Fireblood, Undying, Daughter Of Smoke & Bone


What's Next
 is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!



Hey Guys,
Happy Thursday!  
 I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years! I have to admit, as much as I love these holidays, I am happy to get my to a normal schedule, and to get my daughter back to school! It's been a VERY long 2 weeks, and
I am ready to get back to my normal daily life! ;)Anyways, I have another 3 awesome books to choose from this week, and if you can help me decide on What Next to read, I would be so grateful! Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :)





 PICK  ONE



Fireblood (Fireblood, #1)
 Fireblood
Published: December 17th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15841140-fireblood?ac=1
To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin.

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult.

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out.

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart.
 
  {Amazon} {Barnes & Noble}







 PICK  TWO


Undying (Undying, #1)Undying
Valerie Grosjean
Published: October 15th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Zombies

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18596439-undying
This is a story of love . . . and zombies.

When eighteen-year-old college freshman Christian discovers his dormitory is crawling with the living dead, he knows he has a problem. But once he learns the whole country is overrun by the flesh-eating horde, he must race to protect what matters to him most.

Sixteen-year-old Iris, the girl he loves, is stranded eighty miles away, alone and completely unaware of the gruesome threat surrounding her.

Christian’s plan is to evade the zombies, drive the distance to rescue Iris, and get them both to his family farm—where there are guns, fuel, and everything else they’ll need to survive. His mission seems simple: Get the girl, get to the farm, and stay alive.

Things get complicated when Christian is forced to make an unthinkable choice between Iris and his family. Someone he loves must die, and he must decide.

 
  {Amazon}
 



 PICK  THREE


Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)

 Daughter Of Smoke & Bone
Laini Taylor
(Daughter Of Smoke & Bone #1)
Published: September 27th, 2011
Genres: YA,

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8490112-daughter-of-smoke-bone?ac=1
CassiAround the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?





So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first!


Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)




6 comments:

  1. Oh, definitely Daughter of smoke and bone!!! That book is SO good, I can not recommend it enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was looking at the first two books and deciding which seems better than I scrolled down and saw Daughter of Smoke and Bone :P

    My vote is for DAUGHTER OF SMOKE & BONE. I haven't read it yet, but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I figured when I put these 3 book in this post that Daughter of Smoke and Bone would win hands down!! But I had to try anyway..lol! Thanks for voting! :D

      Delete
  3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone is a MUST:) I've never read anything like it and highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think Daughter of Smoke and Bone is the winner this week! Everyone has voted for that! Plus, I have heard nothing but amazing things about that book! Thank you for stopping by and voting!

      Delete
  4. Wonderful Design Blogs, Such a great list. Thanks for sharing all these blogs all are very useful to every one. Really a great blog with a best thoughts and ideas are shared..

    Thanks
    V Smoke

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)