Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #38: Under The Never Sky

Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page
Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 



 Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
This weeks teaser is from an in-between book that I'm reading. Your probably thinking, "What is an in-between book?" Well, in case you are thinking that, then I'll tell ya! :) Sometimes when I'm waiting for a certain book to arrive, (Like this week) I pick up that months in-between book and read it until whatever book I'm waiting on to arrive. So in this case, I'm waiting for my finished copy of UNINVITED to arrive today! I actually have a eARC of UNINVITED, but I never got around to reading it. So I wanted to read that next, but of course I have to read something while I'm waiting for it! Anyways, enough rambling! Check out this weeks Teaser from my "in-between" book, and Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!



 


HAPPY READING! :-)




Here's My #38th Teaser Tuesday From
Under The Never Sky!





Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Under The Never Sky
Veronica Rossi
(Under The Never Sky #1)
Published: January 3rd, 2012
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10756656-under-the-never-sky
Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered.

This was worse.


Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.
 
Chapter: 11 Page: 100
ARIA
"Don't move," he yelled in her ear. "Close your eyes and put-"

This funnel was much closer. The light blinded her but the sound when it struck the earth was an unbearable horrid shriek. Aria pressed her palms over her ears and screamed as the skin on her face seared with heat. Every muscle in her body seized, gripped by a force far stronger than her.





 
Chapter: 12 Page: 106
PERRY 
"What do you want from me, Savage?"

"Is that what you call us?"

"You're murders. Diseased. Cannibals." She flung the words at him like curses. "I've heard the stories."

Perry crossed his arms. She lived under a rock. What did she know about anything? "Guess we're well-named, Mole."

She watched him with a look of disgust.  






Veronica RossiVeronica Rossi's debut novel, UNDER THE NEVER SKY, will be published in over twenty-five international markets, starting on January 3rd 2012 in the United States. Film rights to the trilogy have been optioned by Warner Bros.
 




So whatcha think of this weeks Teaser of Under The Never Sky?



 Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?
If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo. 



Thanks for stopping by! :-)




8 comments:

  1. My in-between books are usually ones I've already read, and sometimes carry on reading it while I'm reading one I have to review. Which, I was supposed to be doing with Vampire Academy right now, but I started The Winners Curse and that's got my attention. So good. Great teasers! Hope you enjoy Uninvited, too, I loved it. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, my in-between books are the opposite. For me it's a book I'm interested in, but don't really feel like reading the whole thing then, so I read it while I'm waiting for whatever book to arrive! Silly, right? I do have some weird ways, don't I...lol! :)

      I'm looking forward to reading the Winner's Cure too! I hope you like it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've heard of The Never Sky but I haven't read it yet. It actually sounds like an interesting read. Those teasers made me smile at the exchange between Aria and Perry. You can find my Teaser Tuesday here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, when I found them I cracked up at Aria's boldness! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved this book <3

    My TT: http://thefictionenthusiast.blogspot.com/2014/01/red-rising-release-day-blast-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have heard SO many amazing things about this book! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I still have to read this one, but it sounds amazing :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/01/teaser-tuesdays_28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, I'm just now getting to it too! Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)