Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #37: Breaking Point

  Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page
Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 



 Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend?
Mine was wonderful! My daughter has been in speech therapy for 3 years and she finally graduated! :) I am thrilled! It's a big accomplishment for my little 1st grader! So to celebrate, we went to chuckie Cheese, and did a little but of shoe shopping and went out for a wonderful dinner with the family! :) It couldn't of gone any better! This is the life! :) Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you!


 

HAPPY READING! :-)


Here's My #37th Teaser Tuesday From Breaking Point!





Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
 Breaking Point
Kristen Simmons
(Article 5 #2)
Published: February 12th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13188615-breaking-point
After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.

Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….

Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.

Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.

With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?
 
Chapter: 4 Page: 89
"He's been shot!" 
I heard a man in the direction of the soup kitchen shout. But the solider at my side had not yet fired. He was talking about someone else. 
More voices joined his.
"Sniper!" they cried. 
"Sniper!"


 
Chapter: 18 Page: 350 
He leaned down, the tip of his nose skimming my earlobe and lowering, until his lips found that spot, his spot, that made my knees weak and my whole body tremble.





Kristen SimmonsI was raised in Reno, Nevada—just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains—with horses and dogs and Red Angus cattle. When I was little I had a colorful imagination (read: I was a cheerful liar), and loved to write stories. I rocked spandex shorts and slouch socks, put too many scrunchies in my side ponytail, and watched The Goonies approximately one kajillion times. For a brief time, I dedicated myself to a future in professional hockey after careful study of The Mighty Ducks.
 




So whatcha think of this weeks Teaser of Breaking Point? Look out for my review of Breaking Point coming soon!

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?
If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.
 

Thanks for stopping by! :-)




 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an exciting, intense story. Your Teasers made me want to read more.
    My Teaser is from REFLECTIONS OF MAMIE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exciting, and keeps me on my toes! The final book releases next month, but I have an ARC, so I am REALLY looking forward to finishing up this great Trilogy soon!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great teasers. I particularly like the second one ;) congratulations to your daughter.

    Linsey @ mybooksnthings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah, the second one is hot! That's my fave too! :) Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Congrats to your daughter! By your goodreads updates, I can see you're enjoying Breaking Point, I'll definitely have to check the series out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am very proud of her! :) Yes, you should definitely give the ARTICLE 5 series a shot, because it's great! I love it! I can't wait to start the final book soon! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)