Friday, January 17, 2014

Disarming Review



***DISARMING***




Disarming (Reign of Blood, #2)
Disarming
Alexia Purdy
(Reign Of Blood #2)
Published: December 28th, 2012
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Paranormal

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15717962-disarming
The world has changed. One must adapt to survive or hold on to the crumbling shards of humanity.

April continues to hold her fragile world together, but the ties that hold her family together are quickly unraveling. Rumors of a massive human underground settlement draw her to the shadows of the city once more in search of other survivors more like her, even with the hybrid vampires opposing her every move.

The darkness hides secrets along with the continued threat the Feral Vampires create, but a greater evil hides within the city. Something tells April that the humans will be less than welcoming of her, and that's if she can find them before the Vampires do. Joining sides with the enemy might be the only choice she has left.






 This is a cross over review from Goodreads that I wrote in 2012
The author was nice enough to give me a ARC Copy of the book and let me tell you I was NOT Disappointed!!! This book was amazing! You won't get any spoilers here BUT this book has lives up to exceptions and some. This book does take a little bit to get into the juicy part of the story but once it does you're on a roller coaster. This book has more twist and turn then I could have ever imagined. As soon as I thought I had something figured out BAM a new twist and turn is thrown into the mix and it was amazing.

Basically This book takes us back to April's Post-Apocalypse world were Crazed Vampires exist and also sane Hybrid Vampires and humans but not just humans we also have April a hybrid human. After finding her mom and brother back in book 1 April thought things would go back to her "Normal" but of course they don't. April hears of an underground settlement were Humans exist, And that's when April's adventure starts and every minute is thrilling, but to understand it thoroughly you have to have read the first book. I will tell you this we have a couple of VERY INTERESTING SURPRISES!! I will leave it at that. But Alexia Purdy the wonderful Author of this book opens up a brand new world of Vampires, Once you read it you'll understand why. This is definitely a book you don't want to miss. One of my favorites of 2012. Of course the book could change from Rough draft to the new book but doesn't need to it's great the way it is!!
t.


 I received a ARC from the author for reviewing purposes. This has not influenced my opinion in anyway. All opinions expressed are my own!

5 Bone Hearts






Alexia PurdyAlexia currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada–Sin City! She loves to spend every free moment writing or playing with her four rambunctious kids. Writing has always been her dream and she has been writing ever since she can remember. She loves writing paranormal fantasy and poetry and devours books daily. Alexia also enjoys watching movies, dancing, singing loudly in the car and Italian food.







8 comments:

  1. Cool. Istopped reading vampire stories a while ago after I became saturated but I think I'm ready to step back in the waters and this series looks like a good place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear its juicy and lived up to your expections

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm regretting not starting with the series as soon as I saw the first one. It's still there sitting on my TBR -_-
    Great review! Now I'd really have to read the books...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love, the dark and twisty so this is a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love, the dark and twisty so this is a must read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd never heard of this series before! It sounds so good though, definitely need to check it out ASAP. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Post-apocalyptic world filled with crazed vampires? :) Well, doesn't it sound intriguing! I haven't heard of this book before, so thanks for introducing me to it! I am definitely going to look it up on Goodreads now. I enjoy good paranormal, especially ones with a post-apocalyptic settings, so chances are I will enjoy this book, too! Great mini review, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, this series sounds pretty awesome! I am interested in it for sure. I have heard such good things, from you and a few others. I don't think I could go wrong reading them for myself!

    Check out great reviews here...The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)