Friday, January 31, 2014

Breaking Point Trailer & Review





***BREAKING POINT***


Breaking Point (Article 5, #2)
 Breaking Point
Kristen Simmons
(Article 5 #2)
Published: February 12th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13188615-breaking-point
After faking their deaths to escape from prison, Ember Miller and Chase Jennings have only one goal: to lay low until the Federal Bureau of Reformation forgets they ever existed.

Near-celebrities now for the increasingly sensationalized tales of their struggles with the government, Ember and Chase are recognized and taken in by the Resistance—an underground organization working to systematically take down the government. At headquarters, all eyes are on the sniper, an anonymous assassin taking out FBR soldiers one by one. Rumors are flying about the sniper’s true identity, and Ember and Chase welcome the diversion….

Until the government posts its most-wanted list, and their number one suspect is Ember herself.

Orders are shoot to kill, and soldiers are cleared to fire on suspicion alone. Suddenly Ember can’t even step onto the street without fear of being recognized, and “laying low” is a joke. Even members of the Resistance are starting to look at her sideways.

With Chase urging her to run, Ember must decide: Go into hiding…or fight back?












BREAKING POINT is another hit from Kristen Simmons! Seriously, it was phenomenal! BREAKING POINT delivered everything I hoped it would! Through out this entire book my heart was pounding, my hands were shaking, and my fingers were turning the pages faster then I could read them! I just HAD to know what was coming next! I couldn't get enough of BREAKING POINT, and when I was finished I was ready to dive right back into this world with THREE! It just that good!

THE PLOT...

BREAKING POINT picks up where ARTICLE 5 left off, with Ember and Chase declared dead by the Federal Bureau of Reformation's. The new government that has taken the Bill of Rights from citizens and created the Moral Statutes, where no one has any rights that the FBR has not given them. They are cruel and ruthless, and will kill thousands of innocents if that's what needs to be done to keep the control! 

But there are the ones that are fighting back. The ones who have had enough of their cruelty, and murder, and are not standing for it anymore! The ones that will save them all from Federal Bureau of Reformation's!  The Resistance!

Ember and Chase are among the resistance, just trying to survive and stay off the FBR's radar. And it's been fairly easy with the distraction from the sniper picking off guards left and right! That is until Ember's faked death is revealed, and she is put back in the spotlight. But this time it's worse then it's ever been! They've marked her as 1 of the 5 conspirators to the sniper, but that's not all, there's a kill on sight order! If they even think it's Ember, then they have the order to shoot first and ask questions later. Ember just singed the death warrant of any girls that might look like her! And that's a heavy weight to bare!

Ember has voweled to write the wrongs she has done when she was in the rehabilitation center, when her friend Rebecca was beat by the guards and sent to another rehabilitation center, because of her...

Sean, the boy she blackmailed to help break her out of the rehabilitation center, and Rebecca's boyfriend has become like family, and he his determined to get Rebecca back. Ember knows without her none of this would of happened to them. So Ember, Chase, Sean, and a unexpected and VERY unlikely "Allie" will fight their way through the resistance, FBR, and any citizens that get in their way in finding Rebecca and making it to the safe house alive!

But it won't be easy, and what happens when they find her? They still have to keep fighting! It's not over, it never will be! Not until the Federal Bureau of Reformation's is destroyed...FOR GOOD!

Wow, that was such an emotional packed adventure! I loved Ember and Chase's connection in the BREAKING POINT. In ARTICLE 5, they were broken, torn, and felt betrayed. They had this gap between them that they didn't have in BREAKING POINT! Chase was so over protective of Ember, but still respectful of her decisions and didn't stand "Too" much in the way when she wanted to do something he didn't like. I loved them together, they just had this chemistry that was electrifying, and HOT!!!

From now on when I see a book with Kristen Simmons name on it, I will be quick to pick it up and give it a shot! She is an phenomenal writer, and has broken my heart and repaired it over and over again! THANK YOU Kristen Simmons for such an emotional packed ride through the vicious city's within The ARTICLE 5 Series! :)  

Overall, this is bombshell of a second book! It did NOT in NO WAY suffer from the second book syndrome! Nope, it really exceeded my exceptions for a thrilling follow-up to ARTICLE 5. And I am SO ready to finish this epic journey and battle for freedom from the deadly Federal Bureau of Reformation's!

 4.5 Bone Hearts




Kristen SimmonsI was raised in Reno, Nevada—just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains—with horses and dogs and Red Angus cattle. When I was little I had a colorful imagination (read: I was a cheerful liar), and loved to write stories. I rocked spandex shorts and slouch socks, put too many scrunchies in my side ponytail, and watched The Goonies approximately one kajillion times. For a brief time, I dedicated myself to a future in professional hockey after careful study of The Mighty Ducks.
 




What did you think of my review of BREAKING POINT? 


Will you be reading ARTICLE 5 Series?


Stop by next week for my review of the conclusion of this AWESOME Series, THREE!!! 




6 comments:

  1. Yaaay! I love that you loved Breaking Point. That just makes me happy. I am such a huge fan of this series! Now hurry up and read Three so I can read your review and know that it was a perfect series ender, and I can go into it without any fears! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, you are so awesome. Every time I read your comments they make me smile! ;)

      FWI, I am reading THREE, and it AMAZING!! Some of the plot twist are like "Whoa" did that just happen! But it's FREAKING AMAZING so far! I'm about 100 pages in, and I'm reading as we speak. I just can't put it down since I started this morning! I think your going to love it!

      My review "Should" go up next week, but definitely before the release date! :) I can't wait for you to read it too!

      Thank you Jaime for commenting and cracking a smile on my face! ;)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for the next book! Three sounds like it will be even better. I really liked The Article Five series, and here I thought I was over dystopian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I don't think I can EVER get over dystopians! I love them WAY to much! Who knows maybe one day I'll be tired of them, but now I'm riding the dystopian train while it's in...lol! :)

      I'm reading THREE now, and it is SO AWESOME! I'm about 130 pages in, and I do not want to put it down for nothing!

      Thanks for commenting! ;)

      Delete
  3. Loved it also....jealous your reading Three. I can't wait to read it, I am sure it's awesome as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I keep seeing this book but didn't know if I should read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)