Thursday, December 26, 2013

What's Next #37: Fire & Flood, Midnight City, A Hint Of Frost

 

 What's Next
 is a weekly bookish event hosted by Icey Books that helps bloggers/readers decide on their next book to read. If this sounds like something your interested in, then head over to Icey Books and sign-up!




Hey Guys,
Happy Thursday!  

 I hope you had a wonderful holiday, whatever you celebrate? Mine was amazing, and busy! My kids kept me on my toes all day! But it was so worth it!! Anyways, I have another 3 awesome books to choose from this week, and if you can help me decide on What Next to read, I would be so grateful! Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :)




 PICK  ONE




Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1) 
 Fire & Flood
Published: February 25th, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16069167-fire-flood?ac=1
Tella Holloway is losing it. Her brother is sick, and when a dozen doctors can't determine what's wrong, her parents decide to move to Montana for the fresh air. She's lost her friends, her parents are driving her crazy, her brother is dying—and she's helpless to change anything.

Until she receives mysterious instructions on how to become a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed. It's an epic race across jungle, desert, ocean, and mountain that could win her the prize she desperately desires: the Cure for her brother's illness. But all the Contenders are after the Cure for people they love, and there's no guarantee that Tella (or any of them) will survive the race.

The jungle is terrifying, the clock is ticking, and Tella knows she can't trust the allies she makes. And one big question emerges: Why have so many fallen sick in the first place?
  
  {Amazon} {Barnes & Noble}





 PICK  TWO




Midnight City (Conquered Earth, #1)
Midnight City
J. Barton Mitchell
 (Conquered Earth #1)
Published: October 1st, 2012
Genres: YA, Apocalyptic, Sci-f

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13494718-midnight-city
 Earth has been conquered by an alien race known as the Assembly. The human adult population is gone, having succumbed to the Tone---a powerful, telepathic super-signal broadcast across the planet that reduces them to a state of complete subservience. But the Tone has one critical flaw. It only affects the population once they reach their early twenties, which means that there is one group left to resist: Children.

Holt Hawkins is a bounty hunter, and his current target is Mira Toombs, an infamous treasure seeker with a price on her head. It’s not long before Holt bags his prey, but their instant connection isn’t something he bargained for. Neither is the Assembly ship that crash-lands near them shortly after. Venturing inside, Holt finds a young girl who remembers nothing except her name: Zoey.

As the three make their way to the cavernous metropolis of Midnight City, they encounter young freedom fighters, mutants, otherworldly artifacts, pirates, feuding alien armies, and the amazing powers that Zoey is beginning to exhibit. Powers that suggest she, as impossible as it seems, may just be the key to stopping the Assembly once and for all.
 




 PICK  THREE




A Hint of Frost (Araneae Nation, #1)
A Hint Of Frost
Hailey Edwards
(Araneae Nation #1)
Published: April 17th, 2012
Genres: Adult, Paranormal, Fantasy

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13045039-a-hint-of-frost
"Hope dangles by a silken thread. "

When the head of the Araneidae clan is found poisoned in her nest, her eldest daughter, Lourdes, becomes their clan s new maven. If her clan is to survive, she has but one choice: she must marry before her nest is seized. All she needs is a warrior fierce enough to protect her city and safeguard her clansmen. Such a male is Rhys the Cold.

Born the youngest son of an impoverished maven, the only things Rhys has to his name are his sword and his mercenary reputation. His clan is starving, but their fondness for the flesh of fellow Araneaeans makes them unwelcome dinner guests. Torn between loyalty to his clan and fascination with his future bride, Rhys s first taste of Lourdes threatens to melt the cold encasing his heart.

Amid the chaos of battle, Lourdes s sister disappears and is feared captured. Lourdes and Rhys pursue their enemies into the southlands, where they discover an odd plague ravaging southern clans as it travels north, to Erania. Determined to survive, Lourdes will discover whether she s worth her silk or if she s spun the thread by which her clan will hang.

Warning: This book contains one mercenary hero with a biting fetish, one determined heroine who gets nibbled, and an answer to the age-old question, What does dragon taste like? Matricide and sibling rivalry are available upon request. The house special is revenge, best served cold.
 



So, whatch'a think of my top 3 choices of the week? If you can help me out, leave a comment voting on which book should come first!



Don't forget to link me up to your What's Next or weekly memo and I'll come visit you! :-)




9 comments:

  1. I vote for Midnight City! :)
    I'd appreciate a vote on mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the vote! I really can't wait to read Midnight City! I voted on yours too!

      Delete
  2. I vote for Midnight City, that sounds the most interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midnight City is book I just recently heard of, and I can't wait to read it. But it is a fairly long book! A little intimidating...lol! But I will be reading it soon! :D

      Thanks for voting! I stopped by yours and voted already!

      Delete
  3. I vote for Fire and Blood. The concept is new and it sounds fast paced. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read Fire and Blood! It does sound faced paced, and I love the concept of having to race to win a cure to save someone you love!!

      Thank you for voting and stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. FIRE & BLOOD I love that cover and it sounds amazing! But all of these sound interesting :) Enjoy your pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Asma for voting as always! I love the cover too! I love the Burning feather and the drops of water in the letters! I can't wait to read it soon!

      Thank you for stopping by! I voted on yours also! :D Happy holidays!

      Delete
  5. I vote for Fire and Flood. Is FLOOD. lol

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)