Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #32: Control

 
Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share  doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others! 
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your  Teaser!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was busy preparing for the holidays! I must of baked 15 batches of cookies! If I see another cookie again, it'll be to soon! And I LOVE cookies! UGH! I hated when that happens! When you love something SO much, but you've eaten enough of them that you can't stomach them anymore!! Hopefully by Christmas I'll be over my cookie phobia...lol! :D Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. And don't forget to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you! :-)


HAPPY  READING! :-)

 
 
Here's My #32nd Teaser Tuesday From Control!

 

CONTROL


 Control
Published: December 26th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f
 
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16718816-control
When a crash kills their father and leaves them orphaned, Zel knows she needs to protect her sister, Dyl. But before Zel has a plan, Dyl is taken by strangers using bizarre sensory weapons, and Zel finds herself in a safe house for teens who aren’t like any she’s ever seen before—teens who shouldn't even exist. Using broken-down technology, her new friends’ peculiar gifts, and her own grit, Zel must find a way to get her sister back from the kidnappers who think a powerful secret is encoded in Dyl’s DNA.
 

 
 
 
Chapter 5: Page: 56
 What kind of crazy, horrific stuff is going on here?
God, for all I know, Dyl is being eaten alive by a different set of freaks on the other side of town. I'm not going to be anyone's experiment.


 
 
Chapter: 5 Page: 60
"So, you know, just ask."
 
"Ask what?"
 
"What you're dying to ask me." He lifts up all four arms in what can only be described as a pose fit for a Hindu god. He wiggles all twenty fingers. Even the best Broadway performer from last century couldn't do jazz fingers like this kid.
 
"Okay.".....

 ....You want the rest? Well get your copy on December 26th!
 
 

 
Lydia KangI love salt more than chocolate. I'm somewhat small, yet deceptively strong. Sort of like an ant.

I write YA fiction, poetry and narrative medical nonfiction. I'm a part time doc, full time family member, and rather oxygen dependent.

My YA sci-fi novel, CONTROL, will debut December 2013 (Dial/Penguin). I'll be holding my breath until then. Watch me.
 
 
 
 
 
So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of Control?

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or w
eekly memo. Look out for my review of Control coming soon!

 

Thanks For Stopping By :-)
  
 



14 comments:

  1. The only thing I hate about the Holiday rush is the traffic! Sigh.

    About your current read... I am wondering if Zel and Dyl will be reunited. I sure hope so.

    My Teaser this Week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so I'm guessing you read this? I haven't got that far to know if Zel and Dyl will be reunited, but I hoping, because that scene where they were separated was just heart breaking!!!

      And, YES, the Holiday traffic is the worst!!!! If I have to travel, I either do it the day before X-Mas, or VERY early in the morning, but sometimes that doesn't even help!!! Oh, well, I guess it's part of the holiday!!

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I need to read this one :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/teaser-tuesdays_17.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hold on a little bit longer! It's almost here!! :D 9 days and counting!!

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  3. Oh, been seeing advance reviews for this, and I've bee debating reading it! I like the two teasers, sounds like there's both intense and some cute moments too! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try! It's not that bad!! I thought it would be better, but its worth the read!! And yes, it is a very intense read, and also has its cute moments too, as you see above with the 4 armed man...lol! Definitely interesting, I'll tell ya that! :D

      Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  4. Ahh, I haven't had a cookie in ages, now I want one. :( Great teasers! I can't wait to get my hands on this one, at least I don't have to wait long. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, Ha! I know the feeling! :D Before Christmas, I haven't' had a cookie in god knows how long! Now, I can't seem to get rid of them fast enough...lol! And it breaks my heart! :D

      Thanks! This book is turning out better then the beginning was! No, you don't have to wait long at all! I can't wait to see what you think! :D Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  5. Love your Teasers!
    My Teaser is from CHRISTMAS CALLING.
    PS: I'm suffering from cookie overload too! Too many leftovers from Christmas parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved your Teaser as well! :D I know, too many cookies!!! I still hear them calling me from the kitchen...lol! :D Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  6. Sounds like an interesting story.My teasers this week come from Grave Witch by Kalayna Price and Iris by Scott Stabile. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a very interesting story! Really different then what I expected, and what I'm use too. But definitely pretty good! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I know, I was sold on the Blurb! It is pretty good so far! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)