Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #30: Pawn

Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:
  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share  doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others! 
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your  Teaser!
 
 
 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday?
Mine was fun but loud! I have such a loud family, and when we all get together, pheww....it's like a horde of elephants stomping around...lol! But we don't all get together that much, so it definitely worth every minute! :) I have a Thanksgiving Giveaway going on now, for about another week. My way of saying thank you, and to give one of my fellow followers a little something!  Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. And don't forget to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you! :-)
 
 
HAPPY  READING! :-)
 
 
Here's My #30th Teaser Tuesday From Pawn!
 

 
 
PAWN

 
Pawn
Published: November 26th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Science-fiction

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10838787-pawn
YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

 For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.

BUY  THE  BOOK  @
{Amazon} {Barnes & Noble}





Chapter  I - Page 1
"Unlucky"
Risking my life to steal an orange was a stupid thing to do, but today of all days, I didn't care about the consequences. If I were lucky, the Shields would throw me to the ground and put a bullet in my brain.
 Dead at seventeen. It would be a relief. 



 

Chapter  V - Page  93
"Augusta"
 Years before I was born, there had been  people who'd remembered a time before, but now everyone over the age of sixty was sent Elsewhere and never heard from again.
 
 
  

 
 

Aimee Carter
 
 
 
I attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and received a degree in Screen Arts and Cultures (a fancy way of saying I was forced to watch a lot of old movies) with a subconcentration in Screenwriting. I write. I watch a lot of new movies. Read a lot of books. Tweet too much. Love dogs and have two spoiled Papillons.

I'm represented by the magical Rosemary Stimola of Stimola Literary Studio, and on very rare occasions I blog over at WordPress. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

FIND  HER  HERE
{Blog} {Goddreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}


So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of Pawn?

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo. Look out for my review of Pawn coming soon!

Thanks For Stopping By :-)
 


2 comments:

  1. I heard a lot of good things about Pawn, so I should probably check it out sometime. Great teaser, and enjoy reading!

    Here's my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, you're reading it! I seriously loved it, and my hardback arrived yesterday, loving the inside cover! :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)