Friday, December 20, 2013

ALLEGIANT Trailer, Rant, & Review



ALLEGIANT


 Allegiant
Published: October 22nd, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17406183-allegiant
One choice will define you.

What if your whole world was a lie?

What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?

What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected? The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

FIND THE BOOK HERE:





ALLEGIANT TRAILER:

 




BEWARE:
This Review WILL have spoilers! You are warned!






MY INITIAL REACTION TO ALLEGIANT:
I have no words left inside me to express what I am feeling right now!!! No, I'm lying I have ALOT of words to express, but aren't NONE of them nice!!!
 
This is my immediate reaction to ALLEGIANT:



Whyyyy? WHY? WHYYYYY, Veronica ROTH, WHY?





No, No, noooo, no, nooooooooo NOOOOOOO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE!!!



I just can't take it! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!




You Are SLOWELY KILLING ME!!!






How could you do this to your LOYAL FANS, Veronica, HOW??? We've been there from the beginning! Why would you put us through SOOOOO MUCH PAIN????






NOW, After all my tears are out and I cried myself into a comma, I'M MADDDDDD!!!!!!!






ONE, TWO, THREE, four, five! One-two- Okay let me breath before I do something I will regret!


---NOTE---
--- THIS WAS NOT A THREAT---
---JUST ME VENTING---

 



How could ANYONE be happy with that ending, or the WHOLE book for that matter????????







I will NEVER except what happened in this book to be true, NEVERRRRR!!!!!!





And finally, Veronica Roth, this is what you have done to me!



I hope your happy? 



So, there you have it, my feelings I could not express with words. Now I will TRY too talk about this book without giving to much away, though that's nearly impossible!





What I expressed above was my initial shock of ALLEGIANT, not necessary what I am feeling now, 3 weeks after I read ALLEGIANT and let it manifest in my head. I went over every feeling, every thought, every emotion I had, be it good or bad. And after all that analyzing in my OWN opinion, I still came back with NOT being satisfied one bit with this Conclusion to my favorite series, or should I say "Used To Be My Favorite Series"?

FIRST LET  ME  TALK  ABOUT  MY FEELINGS  ON  THE  ENDING:
WARNING  A  BUNCH  OF  SPOILERS:
***READ  AT  YOUR  OWN  RISK***
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
I had this book spoiled for me before I started reading ALLEGIANT, so I went into it already knowing what was going to happen to Tris in the ending. I found out about it 2 days before I started reading, and I was an emotional wreck! My husband thought I was insane! But I was stunned, I really could not believe Tris was going to die. I had no idea, not even a little thought that it would happen to Tris. So when I did find out, I was shocked! I was in denial for the first couple hours until finally I couldn't take it anymore and I broke down and read some of the reviews! Then, I was FORCED to see the truth, Tris would in fact die!! UGH, I still get teary eyed when I think about it! I never would of thought Veronica would do that to Tris, and not just to Tris, but to her LOYAL  FANS! Tris had so many near death experiences, especially in INSURGENT, when she battled with death, and wanting to die, but finally she had an eye opener and realized she did not want to die, and that she was more then a self sacficer. So that led me to believe Tris had all the near death experiences that she was going to have, boy was I wrong!!!

I stand 100% behind MY Opinion, that this WAS  THE WRONG  WAY  TO  END  THE  DIVERGENT SERIES!!!

AGAIN, MY OPINION!!!

Veronica said that she had this ending planed from the very beginning of this series, and that it was the ONLY ending that she felt would do this series any justice! WHAT, NO, WRONG VERONICA! She said she felt having these characters end with a happy ending, holding hands, walking off into the sunset was fake and unbelievable. BUT wait, I came across an alternate ending to ALLEGIANT written by a Fan Fiction author Stephanie Ziel (POST HERE), and let me tell you, IT WAS AMAZING!!! And, NO, they did not have this sugarcoated happy ending like Veronica didn't want! They had a hard ending, that brought tears to my eyes, but still TRIS SURRIVED!!! And IN  MY  OPINION it was the BEST ENDING  FOR  THIS  SERIES!!! If Veronica would of wrote this ending I think A  LOT more people would of been more satisfied, including me!!

Now, all that said, I was still very upset that Tris died. I thought it was the wrong move for Veronica to make. (I am NOT the only one who thought this, as of the date of this review, Amazon's has a 2.8 Rating, Not good, not good at all). BUT  I wasn't just upset that Tris died, I didn't like the WAY  Tris died! I thought Tris sacrificing herself and taking her brothers place in the Weapons Lab, was the worst way for Tris to go! I mean I get it, this book is about selflessness and forgiving, and all that blah, blah, blah, BUT if Veronica Roth was going to kill off the main protagonist she should of at least had her go out with a bang, in which she DEFINITELY did not!

THESE  ARE  THE  MANY  OTHER REASONS  I  DID  NOT  LIKE  ALLEGIANT:

Okay, the ending was not my only problem with ALLEGIANT. My first issue was the alternate POV's. I HATED IT!! It irritated me to no end! UGH, it drove me insane!! I could not tell Tobias and Tris apart to save my life. Only way I was able to tell them apart was when I went back to the beginning chapter and read the heading of who's POV it was. If not for the heading with the name of who's chapter it was, I would of been lost and waiting until whoever POV it was, said the other persons name. But their voice was so similar, that at times I just wanted to put the book down and scream, yes it was that bad for me!!

Another issue I had was Tobias! He was a totally different character from the first 2 books. I mean a different guy all together! ONE of the MANY reasons I  LOVED Four was that he always had this sexy mysterious way about him, that just kept me wanting to know him more. And when I read he's POV in the Short Stories, I was in awe! I loved the tough, strong-willed, determined, guarded Four. And being in his mind was really such a treat! He had all these character traits that I loved so much in the Short Stories. So I was expecting to have the same in ALLEGIANT, but of course with more emotion because in the short stories he wasn't with Tris or in love. So I was curious to see how Four would react to being in love and having someone else to worry about besides himself. BUT WOW, what I got was A  BIG  FAT  DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

At times Four acted naïve, like he was new too their world and all the plotting, scheming, betrayals, and death around him. It caused him many problems that he couldn't get out of! UGH, and he was WAY to trusting with the first pretty girl that feed him a load of crap! Since when did Tobias become so trusting with complete strangers that he was willing to go against everything he believed in? Not the Tobias I have grown to love and care deeply for!

Another thing that changed in ALLEGIANT with the character traits, was that Tris became the strong, sure of herself girl, and Four was the weak, trusting and unsure of who and where he belonged guy. And that was not the Four I've come to love! Nope, this new and NOT improved Four in ALLEGIANT --SPOILER-- was so trusting, that it even cost Uriah his life!! I'm not saying it was directly Four's fault, because it wasn't. But if he would of trusted Tris and her judgment, and not trusted Nita, and went along with her insane plan, then the whole mission would of had to wait, then Uriah wouldn't of been standing where he was when it all happened! So again, if Four would of went with his heart instead of his quick impulse, then certain things wouldn't of happened. Which honestly, I felt some thing's happened with really no reasoning behind it. Like Uriah, what was the whole purpose of killing him off??? Really I would love to know, because I can't figure it out. Again, he was another one of my favorite characters that got killed off, FOR  WHAT???? Four was just so annoying, and most of the time I couldn't' wait to get back to Tris's POV. But even Tris had her annoying chapters too! I felt the total opposite about all of this in the first 2 books! I LOVED pretty much everything about DIVERGENT & INSURGENT!  But ALLLEGIANT just fell flat for me in SO  MANY  WAYS, so more reasons then what I'm putting in this review!!! If I listed all the reasons why I hated ALLEGIANT, then we would be here all day, because their is SO many! Seriously!

Then the plot was so annoying, the whole what was outside of the fence was stupid, and definitely not what I was expecting! (I say that NOT in a good way) The GD's and GP's, was the worst idea Veronica has ever came up with! I was expecting something so unique and original from Veronica, because that's all she's ever given me! I kept waiting for the big BANG to happen when they went behind the boundaries of their city. I was hoping for a drawn out scary reason for them being horded off and locked away like dogs! But the whole Gene thing was just laughable! When I first found out the reasoning behind everything, I was just staring at the book, saying "What Did I Just Read? This Can Not Be It? Their HAS  TO  BE MORE"? I kept waiting for it all to be a big hoax's, but it wasn't, and I was let down for the hundredth time with this book! I just couldn't take it anymore. Then by the time I got to the ending, I just didn't have it in me to be mad, or upset, or cry anymore! I've had enough letdowns to last me a bookish lifetime just in this one book! And its SO  HEARTBREAKING to feel this way about my favorite series!!!

I honestly can not think of one thing that I liked about this book! As of the beginning of this review I was planning on giving this book 2 stars, but now that I voiced some, NOT even ALL of my issues on paper, I realized that their really wasn't anything I enjoyed in this last book! So I feel obligated to give this book 1 star! And oh, how that makes me feel terrible! I really, really, really, wanted to love this book! I did, I really did, but I just can't for all the reasons stated above, and more not stated! I can't stress enough how much I LOVED the first 2 books, DIVERGENT & INSURGENT, and I had such high hopes for ALLEGIANT, maybe too high, because I was let down HARD!! I just can't love this book, or even like it, and I can't give it more then a 1 star rating! And I've never given a 1 star rating, NEVER! At least until this book! SO it is really hard for me to give it this 1 star, but it really does deserve it, in MY  OPINION!


ON  A  FINAL  NOTE:

So, I will walk away from this series heartbroken, torn,
 lost, and unsure if I should ever put as much hope, faith and trust in another author the way I put forth in Veronica Roth! Will I read more of her books? I really don't know! She is such a skilled writer, that just took a big dive down in ALLEGIANT, but that does NOT make her any less of an author in my opinion. So I would hope Veronica would make ALLEGIANT a learning experience and learn from the many mistakes she made in this last book, and not make them again. So as of right now, who knows, depends on if I will ever feel inclined to pick up a book with Veronica Roth's name on the cover!

So there you have it, what I hated the most about ALLEGIANT! What are you thoughts on ALLEGIANT?? Did you love it, hate it, didn't really care either way?? But for all of you who feel that ending was the last straw with ALLEGIANT, then please take a moment and check out this alternate ending I have on my blog, as it has definitely made me feel so much better and more complete to walk away from this series with brighter thoughts!

1 LOW Bone Heart




Veronica Roth

Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT  (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will append endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland cereal.)

  FIND HER HERE




 Just One Last Thing To Say:




21 comments:

  1. Your feelings and words sum up exactly how I felt reading Allegiant. I'm not sure I'll pick up another book by her, especially a series. The time it takes as readers to invest in characters and then have a crappy final book just kills it for me. I feel like a lot of YA trilogies lately, their third books just plain suck. Ugh!

    And in regards to a movie - I'm less thrilled to see Divergent now, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Well, I wrote my review here (just this week too) but I admit I'm totally in the opposite ball park! I adored the ending. I'm a writer too and, honestly? It's exactly where I would have gone. That saying, I was looking at THE SAME Gifs when I finished reading it! Baaaaah. :'( I was so devastated I couldn't sleep. But I loved what Veronica Roth did with the plot/characters. I love how she stayed true to what Tris would have done. I think it was right. I feel really happy with this series and, I don't know! Kind of okay with it being finished now. Closure?! lol Anyway. I'm sad you didn't like it, but each to their own opinion, right?! (That's the beauty of books. They affect everyone so differently.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your comments. I too wanted to like book 3 in the series but is was so disappointing I had a hard time finishing it. One of my biggest issues was that the plot just didn't make sense. It's so illogical. This whole notion of a virus or whatever that removes select portions of everyone's memory, but leaves other memories intact, is ludicrous. The whole genetics angle is ridiculous. Knocking Tris off was one of those unexpected things that I hated but appreciated - the series hero getting offed - something like Ned Stark in Game of Thrones - it blew me away at the time. I'm still going to see the movie, but if it ever makes it to the 3rd book I hope they change things to fix the various flaws in the plot line and make it at least a bit more believeable/logical.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasnt sure how I felt about Allegiant, but after reading everything you had to say, I AGREE WITH YOU 120%. The whole book was rushed and unacceptable. My only opinion that I felt that you didnt mention was TOBIAS AND HIS MOTHER! How could her evil ways be fixed by the "SUDDEN LOVE FOR HER SON" if that was the solution to Evelyn, don't you think it would have fixed SOOO many problems and pretty much made this book unnecessary? Secondly, just putting it out there: page 476, where Tris dies in Allegiant is almost a carbon copy of page 476 in Divergent. Yes. It is. I checked,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I've just checked. The same sentence about being forgiven.

      Delete
  5. Love Divergent, same with Insurgent. Haven't been able to bring myself to read this one yet. My best bud accidentally let it slip what happens in this one, and I must say I have no idea if I want to read it anymore. If it was just the BIG THING that happened, I would still read it as sucky as that would be. But I have heard it is just bad, all the way through. I hate that such a wonderful series seems to have ended on such a bad note. Very upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My immediate reaction was much like yours--shock, disbelief, anger, grief--but after carefully thinking back over the trilogy as a whole, I thought the ending was brilliant. It was the perfect picture of sacrifice and courage, showing Tris as both truly Abnegation and Dauntless and therefore as Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit that I am aware of tha fact that Tris is going to die in the end. Therefor, I haven`t read the book yet. I guess that I eventually are going to pick it up. "Sigh".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not started with book 2 yet but after saw so many bad reviews about Allegiant, I just never did have the mood to continue reading the series. I have known of the ending for a while now (thanks to my spoilery friend) and I do agree with you, I don't think it's a good way to end the series not when there are other ways available. An insightful review, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the book was okay, and while the ending sucked, it was a reasonable ending. But I felt the same as you when I first read about the death.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree. I thought the book lacked something but I can't point out what. While I was reading Allegiant, it felt like V. Roth didn't know how to end the series. It's like she's writing but the events aren't making sense. Reading from Tris's POV annoyed me alot too. I also got spoiled at the ending so the book kind of didn't stuck with me by the time I finished reading that certain part where Tris died.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cried and cried and cried and cried when Tris died! I think that was the only thing that stuck to my mind after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you!! I loved Divergent and Insurgent! Read both "in one breath"! I couldn't wait to get my hands on the third book, I was so excited for the Allegiant. Unfortunately, I read a comment/ spoiler somewhere stating that Tris is going to die in Allegiant. I did not want to believe it!!!! I decided to read the book as fast I could to make sure that the comment I read was just a lie.. Well, it wasn't... I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!! I was devastated, I cried for hours... It was not the ending Tris & Tobias or the readers deserved!
    But as you pointed out, the ending was not the only issue with the Allegiant... It wasn't easy to read this book as fast as I read the first two... something was missing... I too was not always able to tell who's POV I'm reading. At times, the book was boring and I felt like taking a break and putting it down (when I couldn't stop reading the first two books)! The GP/GD thing also did not make much sense to me.. It looks like Veronica really rushed through this one (probably to meet a deadline for her publisher).

    Also, I love the alternate ending to the book you posted above!!! Made me feel better! I will just pretend like it was the actual ending to the series and move on with my life… 4>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow. That was one intense review. But I agree with you on that part where Four easily trusted that girl (I forgot her name, lol). But I liked Allegiant even though I was saddened by Tris's death. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh Thank you! I couldn't put in to words what I thought of this book but you spelled it out so nicely! I pretty much gave up on this series when Insurgent came out and so Allegiant wasn't that big of a deal to me. But I still think the ending was absolute crap! So many authors point out how unrealistic some endings are but I don't read books to be reminded of how shitty the world is! I read books to escape. I just feel like these authors are trying so hard not to make "walking off into the sunset" endings that they go the complete opposite direction and they end up ruining the books. I definitely was not a fan of this book! And I think one of the biggest tropes that needs to die is the whole not trusting your partners judgment and then blaming it on the being jealous, etc. I just think it's one of the most annoying overplayed situations ever! I get that Tris can be stupid sometimes but her judgment about people was never really wrong and yet Four decides to trust some chick he barley knows over someone he loves. I just ffind that ridiculous and hard to believe. Especially because if someone I know and love came to me and said they got a weird vibe from someone I just met I am most certainly going to trust the person I love. Overall I was disappointed with this series but I love your review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is the worst ending in book ever !!!
    i don't want to read any books by veronica roth again..

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sums up exactly how I felt when reading this book. I actually got so mad I had to put the book down and couldnt finish reading it for quite a few weeks. This ending really disappointed me as a fan of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 100% agree...what a disappointing end to what I thought was a great series...can't reconcile Tris' end. Too bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. 100% agree...what a disappointing end to what I thought was a great series...can't reconcile Tris' end. Too bad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So disappointed with the ending. 😢

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)