Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #31: Cruel Beauty




Waiting On Wednesday
is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone's having a great week so far?
Well this weeks Waiting On Wednesday is a retelling from my Favorite Disney move, EVER! Check it out and let me know if its something you would read, and
 don't forget to link me up to your Waiting On Wednesday or Weekly Memo, so I can come visit you! :)



My #31st Waiting On Wednesday 


CRUEL BEAUTY
 
 
Cruel Beauty Cruel Beauty
Rosamund Hodge
Publisher: Balzer +Bray
Published: January 28th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Retellings

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15839984-cruel-beauty?from_search=true

Based on the classic fairy tale Beauty and the Beast, Cruel Beauty is a dazzling love story about our deepest desires and their power to change our destiny.

Since birth, Nyx has been betrothed to the evil ruler of her kingdom-all because of a foolish bargain struck by her father. And since birth, she has been in training to kill him.

With no choice but to fulfill her duty, Nyx resents her family for never trying to save her and hates herself for wanting to escape her fate. Still, on her seventeenth birthday, Nyx abandons everything she's ever known to marry the all-powerful, immortal Ignifex. Her plan? Seduce him, destroy his enchanted castle, and break the nine-hundred-year-old curse he put on her people.

But Ignifex is not at all what Nyx expected. The strangely charming lord beguiles her, and his castle-a shifting maze of magical rooms-enthralls her.

As Nyx searches for a way to free her homeland by uncovering Ignifex's secrets, she finds herself unwillingly drawn to him. Even if she could bring herself to love her sworn enemy, how can she refuse her duty to kill him? With time running out, Nyx must decide what is more important: the future of her kingdom, or the man she was never supposed to love.

 BUY  THE  BOOK  @



 


  WHY  I  AM  WAITING

Beauty and the Beast was my Favorite Disney movie growing up, and honestly, still is! So I LOVE anything to do with Beauty & The Beast, especially retellings. It sounds so awesome, and I really can't wait till I read it!

 
 
 
 
Rosamund Hodge's photo.
 





 ROSAMUND  HODGE

Rosamund Hodge

I love mythology, Hello Kitty, and T. S. Eliot. My debut novel, CRUEL BEAUTY (a YA fairytale fantasy, where Greek mythology meets Beauty and the Beast), is due out from Balzer+Bray/HarperCollins in Winter 2014.  
When my older brother was thirteen, he started a writing club with his friends and wouldn’t let me join because I was only eight. I promptly swore that I would become a writer and make him sorry.
He still isn’t sorry. (I checked.) But in 2014 I will publish my first novel with Balzer+Bray/HarperCollins, so I guess everything worked out okay.
 FIND HER HERE

 {Blog} {Goddreads} {Twitter} {Facebook} 


 



So what are you waiting on? Leave me a link to your Waiting On Wednesday or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :-)





THANKS FOR STOPPING BY

 
 
 


2 comments:

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)