Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #29: The Haven

 
Waiting On Wednesday
is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone's having a great week so far?
Well this weeks Waiting On Wednesday is from a book that sounds so awesome, and I've been waiting on it for a while, and I guess I'll have to keep waiting because it doesn't release until March 2014, UGH!!! Too long away!!
Well, check it out and let me know what you think in the comment section, and don't forget to link me up to your Waiting On Wednesday or Weekly Memo, so I can come visit you! :)

 
My #29 Waiting On Wednesday
 
The Haven
By: Carol L .Williams 
Title: The Haven
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: March 4th, 2014
Pages: 240
 
 
For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.

But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?

New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction 

 
Why I'm Waiting
  Secluded teens cut off from the rest of the world? A disease that runs ramped calming body parts and memory's? The unknown beyond their safe haven, if in fact that's even what it is, A Safe Haven?  Special teens questioning their beliefs, and demanding more?

Yep, COUNT ME IN!! I've been having this thing for dystopia's lately that I just can't kick to save me life! I just love them, and that's all I've been wanting to read!

Oh well, I'm sure I'll get out of the dystopian slump sooner or later. But in the mean time, I might as well enjoy them while I'm in the mood for them, Right? :-) 
 
Meet Carol Williams
Carol Lynch Williams About the Author: Carol Lynch Williams, a two-time winner of the Utah Original Writing Competition, is the author of several books for children, including two novels about the Orton family of New Smyrna, Florida: Kelly and Me and Adeline Street. A starred School Library Journal review of The True Colors of Caitlynne Jackson praises Williams as she "again demonstrates her facility at mood and character development... Truer colors are hard to come by."

Her most recent novel, If I Forget, You Remember, is a moving intergenerational story that stresses the bonds that hold families together through difficult times--a help since over 19 million Americans have a family member with Alzheimer's disease.
 
Find Her Here
 


So what are you waiting on? Leave me a link to your Waiting On Wednesday or Weekly Memo and I'll come visit you! :-)


THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
 

 


1 comments:

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)