Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #29: The Lair

Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?
Then do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share  doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others! 
  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your  Teaser!




Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far?
Mine has been hectic, and its ONLY Tuesdy!!! My daughter is on Thanksgiving break, Need I say more...lol? Anytime she has long periods of time off of school, my house gets thrown into a kid-around-house! And its nothing but messes, fighting, yelling, you name it, it happens...lol! But don't get me wrong, she's sweet as can be, yeah, when she sleep...lol! Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. And don't forget to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you! :-)





HAPPY  READING! :-)

 
 
Here's My #29th Teaser Tuesday From The Lair!
 

 

THE  LAIR


 The Lair
Emily McKay
(The Farm #2)
Published: November 5th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Paranormal

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16250637-the-lair
In the battle against the vampiric Ticks, humanity was slowly but certainly headed for extinction. For months, twin sisters Lily and Mel had been �quarantined” with thousands of other young people being harvested for their blood—food for the Ticks. Finally escaping with a few friends, the twins are separated—and must continue the fight on their own . . .

After making it to a resistance base camp in Utah, Lily learned to survive at all costs. But when a Tick attack decimates the fighters, Lily and her pregnant friend, McKenna, decide to make the hard trek north to Canada—and safety.

Meanwhile, Mel is being taught how to survive by the very vampire that turned her. Living without her sister is hard, but dealing with the fact that her autism was cured by the vampire bite is an even bigger challenge.

But when a monstrous betrayal places Lily in mortal danger, Mel must set out to find her, save her, and begin to unravel the empire of destruction that the Ticks have built.

BUY  THE  BOOK  @ 


 
 



Chapter 1 Page 1
MEL
I wake to a thirst unlike any I've ever known. My body is a violin string plucked by hunger. I throb with it. Pulse with it. Vibrate with it. Sing with it.
 
 


Chapter 43 Page 341
MEL
Sebastian turned me into a vampire eight weeks ago, but tonight he turned me into a monster.

 
 
 
 

Emily McKay has been reading romance novels since she was eleven years old. Her first Harlequin Romance came free in a box of Hefty garbage bags. She immediately fell in love with the genre and has been devouring them ever since.

In her spare time, she loves to garden and cook … well, bake. Mostly cookies. Naturally, she still loves to read a good romance. She’s been blissfully married for eleven years. When they can ditch their five pets for a couple of weeks, she and her husband like to travel to exotic and exciting locations like Greece, Costa Rica, and Ignorant Flats, Texas.

FIND  HER  HERE



So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of The Lair?

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo. Look out for my review of The Lair coming soon!

Thanks For Stopping By :-)
 

4 comments:

  1. Nice teasers. I think I might check this one out.

    My TT @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow great teasers! will have to check that out. Here is my TT http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/11/26/teaser-tuesday-nov-26/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, very interesting :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesdays_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome teasers! It's been a while since I'm read a vampire novel, but this one sounds pretty intriguing. Hope you're enjoying it, thanks for sharing.

    Here's my teaser at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)