Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #29: The Collection

 
Waiting On Wednesday
is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far?
This weeks Waiting On Wednesday is the second book in a series, and I absolutely adored the first book, and I'm more then eager to get this one in my happy little hands! Check it out and let me know what you think in the comment section, and don't forget to link me up to your Waiting On Wednesday or Weekly Memo, so I can come visit you! :)

 
The Collection
By: Shannon Stoker
 
The CollectionTitle: The Collection
Author: Shannon Stoker
Series: The Registry #2
Publisher: William Morrow  
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: February 11th, 2014
Pages: 368 


It's a brave new world in America-a world where young women are breeders, and the prettiest go to the highest bidders. In this sequel to The Registry, Mia Morrissey has escaped to a refuge far from American soil, but the threat of the Registry still looms
Mia's made it to Mexico with Carter and Andrew-but it's not the Promised Land they hoped it would be. Carter is grieving after his father's death, and Andrew is distant. When the young men are captured by rebel forces, they become reluctant recruits in the underground militia, rather than be deported to certain death.

Grant, the "husband" back home who bought Mia to be his lawfully wedded his wife, has been instructed to stand down by the Registry. But he nonetheless persists in his pursuit, and approaches Carter with a deal to swap his father, presumed dead, for Mia.

Before Carter can act on this proposal, Mia is able to orchestrate their escape from the militia. The three of them disappear into Guatemala, where they join a group of American refugees. There Mia finally meets her covert ally "S," the young woman who helped her escape the Registry and another runaway-Frank and Al's daughter, Steffy. When Mia confesses her role in Andrew's and Steffy's fathers capture, they're appalled. Driven by the need to redeem herself, Mia vows to go back-and destroy the Registry.
 
 
New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction 



 
Why I'm Waiting 

 I LOVED The Registry (See My Review HERE).
I found it fascinating and addicting! And when I read the description for the sequel, oh, I was jumping up and down, it sounds so awesome! I am so eager to see what happens in Mia's world and if she is able to bring down the same people who in a sense imprisoned her and every other female in The Registry! They have it on Edelweiss for review, I requested it, and I really hope I get approved, because I am DYING to read it! If you guys haven't read the first book, you should definitely give it a try! :-)

 
  Meet Shannon Stoker
 
Shannon Stoker   Shannon Stoker lives in DeKalb, IL. She received her undergraduate and law degree from Northern Illinois University where she now works as the Research Integrity Coordinator. It's not a stretch to say she's a die hard Huskie fan!

When she's not working or writing Shannon spends the majority of her time playing with her terrier mix Nucky or her husband.

She loves watching horror movies, including those straight to DVD classics most people never heard of. If she wasn't an attorney or an author she would have been a beautician and is constantly bugging her friends to come over and let Shannon play with their hair.
 

 Find Her Here
  {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}
 


  So What Are You Waiting On? Leave Me A Link To Your Waiting On Wednesday Post And I'll Come Visit YOU! :-)
 

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard about this one before - thanks for sharing.


    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should read the first book. It sounds like an interesting series. Thanks for sharing :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Bloglovin' Follower. I don' think this is my type of book, but it does sound like an interesting read! Can't wait to see your review in the future! Great WOW post, check mine out http://www.thefictionfairy.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like everybody is waiting for this one. Great pick! :)

    Our WoW
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pick sounds pretty great but I haven't read the first book in the series. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I might have to check out the first book in this series. It sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/waiting-on-wednesday-unwept/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)