Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #25

 
 
Waiting On Wednesday
is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 

 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic Wednesday? Well this weeks Waiting On Wednesday is from another book I'm dying to get my hands on! Check it out and let me know what you think in the comment section, and leave a link to your post so I can come visit you too! :)

 
The Lair
By:Emily McKay
 
The Lair (The Farm, #2)
Title: The Lair
Author: Emily McKay
Series: The Farm #2
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Vampires
Published: November 5th, 2013
Pages: 432

 
 In the battle against the vampiric Ticks, humanity was slowly but certainly headed for extinction. For months, twin sisters Lily and Mel had been �quarantined” with thousands of other young people being harvested for their blood—food for the Ticks. Finally escaping with a few friends, the twins are separated—and must continue the fight on their own . . .

After making it to a resistance base camp in Utah, Lily learned to survive at all costs. But when a Tick attack decimates the fighters, Lily and her pregnant friend, McKenna, decide to make the hard trek north to Canada—and safety.

Meanwhile, Mel is being taught how to survive by the very vampire that turned her. Living without her sister is hard, but dealing with the fact that her autism was cured by the vampire bite is an even bigger challenge.

But when a monstrous betrayal places Lily in mortal danger, Mel must set out to find her, save her, and begin to unravel the empire of destruction that the Ticks have built.

New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction
 

 
Why I'm Waiting
 
Short and sweet!
I loved the first book The Farm, and I have been dying to jump back into their adventure and see where it takes them! The first book The Farm, was incredible, with its fast-paced, action-packed, plot, charged with adrenaline and thrills that just kept coming! Yeah, anything with all that, I'm in! Bring on the next Emily McKay, I'm ready! November 5th is right around the corner!
 
Meet Emily McKay
Emily McKay
Emily McKay has been reading romance novels since she was eleven years old. Her first Harlequin Romance came free in a box of Hefty garbage bags. She immediately fell in love with the genre and has been devouring them ever since.
 
In her spare time, she loves to garden and cook … well, bake. Mostly cookies. Naturally, she still loves to read a good romance. She’s been blissfully married for eleven years. When they can ditch their five pets for a couple of weeks, she and her husband like to travel to exotic and exciting locations like Greece, Costa Rica, and Ignorant Flats, Texas.
 
Find Her Here
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Vampire Ticks?! Makes my skin crawl. Hope you enjoy the book!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this book before but your enthusiasm for the first book is kinda contagious, lol, makes me want to check it out later. Thanks for sharing! :)

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard about this book so far. Thank you for sharing.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. Thanks for the reminder I need to read this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read The Farm yet, but didn't know there was a sequel! I'll have to add it to my TBR. :)


    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't of it, but it does sound interesting! I'll be sure to add it to my TBR pile. :)

    Waiting on Wednesday
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)