Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #25

  

 
Teaser Tuesday 
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was busy with my daughters birthday party, decorating for Halloween, Halloween events for the kids, and so much more! Well anyways I am STILL reading ALLEGIANT! Its taken me 5 days and I'm only on page 310. Its really not that good! But I will NOT complain today about ALLEGIANT, as I've talked about it all last week. But I've also been really busy too, so that could be one of the reasons. But anyways, check out this weeks teaser, and link me to your TT or daily memo and I'll come visit you! :)

 
Happy Reading
 
Here's My Teaser Tuesday from ALLEGIANT!  


Allegiant
 By: Veronica Roth

Allegiant (Divergent, #3)Title: Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth
Published: October 22nd, 2013
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Source: Bought Hardback
Pages: 544
 
 
 
One choice will define you.What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?


The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

Told from a riveting dual perspective, Allegiant, by #1 New York Times best-selling author Veronica Roth, brings the Divergent series to a powerful conclusion while revealing the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.

New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction
 
Teaser One
Chapter 2 Pg.4

TOBIAS'S CHAPTER

   I can't walk these hallways without remembering the days I spent as a prisoner here, barefoot, pain pulsing inside me every time I moved. And with that memory is another one, one of waiting for Beatrice Prior to go to her death, of my fists against the door, of her legs slung across Peter's arms when he told me she was just drugged.

I hate this place.

Teaser Two
Chapter 50 Pg.476

TRIS'S CHAPTER

But they are dead, the voice says. You could join them.

They died for me, I answer. And now I have something to do, in return. I have to stop other people from losing everything. I have to save the city and the people my mother and father loved.

If I go to join my parents, I want to carry with me a good reason, not this-this senseless collapsing at the threshold.
 
 
 

Meet Veronica Roth

Veronica Roth
Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)

Find Her Here 
 {Blog} {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}



So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday ALLEGIANT?

Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT. Look out for my review for ALLEGIANT coming Soon!  
 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I need to catch up on this trilogy. I plan to re-read the first two books before I read Allegiant. Thanks for sharing! Here is my TT http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday-48-alienated-by-melissa.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really need to get around to reading this trilogy. This is the third teaser I've read from this book now. Anyhoo, here's my Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs on Allegiant. Such a bummer it isn't good.

    Great teaser. Mine is here

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series is on my list to read. This teaser is a reminder to get going with it. Here's mine. http://wp.me/p3PC08-7f

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this trilogy, but lots of people seem to like it. Good teaser.
    My Teaser today is from THE FUNERAL DRESS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read this trilogy yet. I like the teasers you've chosen, but not sure if I'd read the book. Mine is at http://writenotereviews.wordpress.com/2013/10/29/teaser-tuesday-diamonds-are-a-teens-best-friend/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)