Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #24


 

 
Teaser Tuesday 
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Well, I am SO bummed out!!  I was SO EXCITED about Allegiant releasing today, BUT someone posted a HUGE Spoiler on the Web, and I accidently came upon it, and what I read, absolutely DEVASTATED ME!!! I cried, I actually cried! I will NOT spoiler it for anyone as someone has spoiled it for me, but I will say I am NOT happy ONE BIT with Allegiant, and I am going to have the hardest time reading it! Though I will still read it, but when that part comes, I might just close the book before I have to read about it! ERRRRRR, I'm SO FRUSTRATED!!!!

Anyways, check out this weeks teaser from an AMAZING book that I'm re-reading, because the 3rd and final book is releasing on October 31st, and I just had to read these 3 books back to back. Well with the exception of squeezing Allegiant in there, because even with how mad I am, I HAVE to read it the day its released!

 
Happy Reading
 
Here's My Teaser Tuesday from The Scarlet Dagger!  

 
 The Scarlet Dagger 
By: Krystle Jones
 
Author: Krystle Jones
Series: The Red Sector Chronicles #1
Publisher: Pesante Press
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Vampires
Published: October 23rd, 2011
Source: Bought Paperback
Pages: 300
 

The strength of Sloane’s heart is about to be put to the ultimate test.After the Eclipse – the night vampires began openly slaughtering human victims – everything changed. Out of fear, the government salvaged what remained of the human population and enclosed them in massive, security-laden cities called White Sectors, while marking the vampire infested territory as Red Sectors.

When seventeen-year-old Sloane McAllister’s twin brother disappears, she seems to be the only one who thinks he isn’t dead, and vows to stop at nothing to find him. Gathering her courage, she braves the Red Sector to search for clues to his whereabouts. By chance, she encounters Aden, a handsome, charismatic vampire with a hidden agenda. He turns Sloane against her will, and whisks her away to his underground city. Enemies quickly become friends as Sloane struggles against her attraction to Aden, and resists her growing loyalties to the creatures that ruined her life. But the vampires themselves are the least of her problems. The city is harboring a devastating secret, one that could change the tide of the war and threaten to destroy everything Sloane has come to believe in.
 


  New Adult Addiction     New Adult Addiction
 
 

Teaser One
Chapter 3 Pg.29

 THERE ARE NO WORDS to describe the sensation of being reborn. Your skin feels like fire and ice all at once, the venom of the bite like honey in your veins. Then you feel nothing, and your floating along, somewhere between life and death, until a little ball of warmth, like your own personal sun, sparks to life deep within you. The warmth spreads through your core, down to your fingers and toes, until you're cradled by sunshine. And then the light goes out and you're left alone in darkness...
 
 
 
Meet Krystle Jones 

Krystle JonesKrystle Jones was born and raised in the small, southern town of Tullahoma, Tennessee. Reading and writing have been lifelong passions of hers. In addition to being a novelist, she is also an award-winning flutist and moonlights as a voice actress. Her voice can be heard in the popular online game, Alice is Dead 3.


   

Find Her Here
 
So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday The Scarlet Dagger?

Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT. Check out for my review for The Scarlet Dagger HERE! 
 







 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good. My copy of Allegiant downloaded to my Kindle this morning. I still have to read Insurgent though.

    My teasers this week are from The Perfect Match by Kristan Higgins and Horde by Ann Aguirre. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser. Here are Mine! http://andreareadsandreviews.blogspot.com/2013/10/tuesday-teasers-102213.html and http://reviewbooksandmore.com/2013/10/22/tuesday-teasers-102213/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, sucks that it already got ruined for you! I hate when that happens. Once it happened for me, I just didn't end up reading it because though I knew what was going to happen, if I didn't read it, then it never it! Haha. Hope you still like It though. Great teaser, I'm definitely going to check The Scarlet Dagger out! :)

    Heres mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great description! I'm wondering how and why the character was reborn. Sounds like an amazing experience.
    My Teaser is from PEACE BY PEACE.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)