Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #23

 
 

 
Teaser Tuesday 
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend?
Well, are you guys as excited as I am about Allegiant releasing in 7 days? Can you believe the wait is almost over? I can't, and I am soooooo excited for the EPIC conclusion that I know awaits! I just got finished rereading Divergent and Free Four. I am now rereading Insurgent and then The Transfer after that! Anything I can do to get as much as this amazing series reread before the finale! Anyways, since I am rereading Insurgent, that's where this weeks Teaser is coming from! Enjoy and don't forget to link me up to you Tuesday Teaser or Weekly Memo! :)

 
Happy Reading

 
Here's My Teaser Tuesday from Insurgent!  

 
Insurgent
By: Veronica Roth
 
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent #2
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: May 1st, 2012
Source: Bought Hardback
Pages: 525
 

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.


 New Adult Addiction     New Adult Addiction

 
Photo: What makes you DIFFERENT? 

Using the caption, “I am Divergent”, SHARE a photo that explains what makes you unique and tag it with Divergent! 

Your art could be a part of the first official poster! 

Rules: http://bit.ly/IamDivergent

 
Teaser One
Chapter 33 Pg.375

 "You have failed. You can't control me!" I scream, so loud it hurts my throat. I stop struggling and sag against Peter's chest. "You will never be able to control me."


Teaser Two
Chapter 36 Pg.399

 "I'll be your family now," he says.
"I love you," I say.




Photo: We are Divergent, we are dangerous.  Experience the official Divergent posters on Tumblr: http://divergentthemovie.com/

 
 
 
Meet Veronica Roth
 
Veronica RothVeronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine
Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)
 
 
Find Her Here
{Blog} {Goodreads} {Facebook} {Twitter}



So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From Insurgent?

Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT. Look out for my review of Insurgent
coming soon!
 


5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I want to have a copy of this series so I will know what the raves are all about. Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the first book in the series but I haven't been able to pull myself into reading the second. I want to but i'm not motivated to! odd.
    trish - my teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the first teaser.
    Here's mine
    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-power-play-resistance-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been hearing good things about this series but haven't read any of the books. Your Teaser made me curious. I like the fact that it is written in present tense. That definitely adds tension and makes the situation more immediate.
    My Teaser today is from KEEPSAKE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard good things about this series, but haven't had a chance to start reading it yet!!!

    feel free to stop by The Ultimate Bookworms and check out
    my TT

    XO
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)