Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #22

 
 
 

 
Teaser Tuesday 
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


 
Hey Guys,
I hope you had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was very busy preparing and shopping for my daughters birthday party at the end of the month. She's turning 7. Man time fly's by! It feels like just yesterday I was taking her to preschool, now she's 7! Anyways, this week I am re-reading Divergent, as I'm sure a lot of you are. I wanted to read all 3 books back to back, and since their all about 500 pgs. long, I started early. Plus I never wrote a review the last time I read it, so I'm excited to finally write a review for this series!

  
Happy Reading

 
Here's My Teaser Tuesday from Divergent!  

 
Divergent
By: Veronica Roth
 
Divergent (Divergent, #1)Title: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent #1
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: February 28th, 2012
Source: Bought Hardback
Pages: 487
 
 
 
In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

 
 New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction


 
Photo: What makes you DIFFERENT? 

Using the caption, “I am Divergent”, SHARE a photo that explains what makes you unique and tag it with Divergent! 

Your art could be a part of the first official poster! 

Rules: http://bit.ly/IamDivergent
 
 
Tuesday Teaser
Chapter 26  Pg.333

 "So..." I latch on to the last logical thought I remember. "Four fears."
"Four fears then; four fears now," he says, nodding.
"They haven't changed, so I keep going in there, but... I still haven't made progress."
"You can't be fearless, remember?" I say. "Because you still care about things. About your life."
"I know."



Photo: We are Divergent, we are dangerous.  Experience the official Divergent posters on Tumblr: http://divergentthemovie.com/

 
 
 
Meet Veronica Roth
 
Veronica RothVeronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)
 
 
Find Her Here
{Blog} {Goodreads} {Facebook} {Twitter}



So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From Divergent?

Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT. Look out for my review of Divergent
coming soon!

 

3 comments:

  1. I wonder what the four fears are. Interesting teaser.

    I’m reading 2 books this week. So here are mine:
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-hung-parliament-by-sa.html

    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-under-alphas-protection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series, but it's on my list. Your Teaser made me curious about the four fears!
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)