Monday, October 21, 2013

Insurgent Trailer & Review

 


Insurgent
By: Veronica Roth
Insurgent (Divergent, #2)Title: Insurgent
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent #2
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: May 1st, 2012
Source: Bought Hardback
Pages: 525

 
One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.


 New Adult Addiction     New Adult Addiction




 
Insurgent Trailer
 

 


Insurgent Review
 
 
 
Insurgent has BLOWN ME AWAY! I never could of imagined that Insurgent could surpass Divergent! But Veronica Roth as done just that in this second installment in the Divergent Trilogy!

Insurgent was nothing but an action-packed, adventure, that kept me glued to the pages turning them faster then I could read them! I LOVED it! This book kept me on the edge of my seat, with my mind racing even when I put the book down! Its AWESOMENESS is really indescribable! I am SO EXICTED to have Allegiant releasing in a couple days from my review! And I just know that Allegiant will surpass Insurgent, if that's even possible. But I think Veronica Roth will pull it off, and make it even better then this one! Bring it on Cuz I'm READY!!


  The Plot
 
War Is Coming,
What Side Are You On?


Tris and Tobias are back, and they've never been more determined to end this war, and bring some since of normalcy back to their fractions, and this time their not giving up until its over, for good!

After the war on Abnegation, and turning the dauntless fraction into mindless killing machines, the fractions are split, divided, and unsure of where they belong. As almost nowhere is safe from the Erudite, and the Dauntless Traitors, now turned Erudite/Dauntless. The fractions have never been worse, as Erudite seizes to claim power, by killing, and controlling anyone in their path. But Tris, Tobias, the fractionless, and the rest of the loyal dauntless's, are fighting back, and are not stopping until, one side of the war wins-there side,- and Jeanine's head is on a stick!

For Tris and Tobias its never been harder in their relationship, as this war is tearing them apart. Tris believes in something Tobias doesn't, and before its all said in done, they will have to choose what side of the war they belong too. And Tris might find herself on the opposite side, as Tobias, goes with is heart, and Tris goes with hers. This war might not only tear the fractions to pieces, but also they're love...and trust!

Friends will become enemy's, enemy's will become friends, brother will turn on sister, sister will turn on brother, as secretes are revealed, betrayals are made, and lives lost, in this explosive second installment in The Divergent Trilogy!

I loved this book so much! I thought it was a wonderful follow-up to Divergent. The characters, especially Tris and Tobias have grown so much from their journey in book one. And their determination, though different from each others, was fulfilling to read, and interesting to watch unfold, as two people who loved each more then anything in there world, fought on the same side of the war, just fighting different battles to win different prizes, all hoping for the same outcome. It was awesome, and Veronica Roth has outdone herself in Insurgent!

I am so excited to finally have a conclusion to my favorite series ever! Though I don't want it to end, I am happy to have it complete. I'm excited to see where Veronica Roth takes this series, as we go beyond the fractions, and HOPEFULLY get to explore the outer walls of what they've always known was there, but never really understood the full magnitude of the outside world. I'm dying to find out what's really out there that was worth killing so many innocent people for!

Veronica Roth writes with such depth, and creativity that it keeps me glued to pages. Its not just what's going on in the plot, its how she portrays it with words that keeps the readers in suspense and demanding more! I can't wait to see what her next series will be about, because I will read ANYTHING from this woman! She is just that good at what she does!  
5  Fearless Stars
 5stars



 
Photo: We are Divergent, we are dangerous.  Experience the official Divergent posters on Tumblr: http://divergentthemovie.com/

 

Meet Veronica Roth
 
Veronica RothVeronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine
Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)
 
 
Find Her Here




 


6 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved Divergent, but I decided to wait until the final book was closer to its release date before reading Insurgent. Cliffhangers suck, so I thought I would save myself from that ouch with this series. I am happy to know that Insurgent is a great book, too. But now that the final book is out, I am not so sure I am going to read the series. I have heard some not so great things about it. I don't know what I am gonna do. But I loved your review, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love!!! Another great series!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read this series of books but I have heard from adults that like it. I'm trying to add another genre to my list. I enjoyed reading your review. I am surprised I have not even read Hunger Games yet. I have the book through a blogger asking me to enter. I was surprised when I won.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't started this series yet, but I plan to! I doubt I will like it as much as the Hunger Games, but who knows, I can be hopeful, right? By the way, the black writing on the dark purple of your blog is very hard to read on some browsers, FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I havent read the book, but I have watched the film. I got a little bit disappointed with Tris' haircut. I love her long hair lol! And the story I thnk Divergent is a lot better than this one, but still this one is also good

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your exciting review! I haven't read the book but watched the movie! In my book, I loved Divergent more than Insurgent but I think her books are amazing! I'd really love to read this series.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)