Friday, October 18, 2013

Garden of Eden Blog Tour

 


 Garden Of Eden
 By: Kate Cowan

Garden of Eden
Title: Garden Of Eden
Author: Kate Cowan
Series: The Legend of Eden #1
Re-Release date: October 22nd 2013
Publisher: Anchor Group Publishing
Average Rating: 4.30



It has been four years.

Four years since the day the Catchers found her family.


Four years since she escaped  capture.

And four years since the day her mother locked her and Will, a boy she hardly knew, in an attic, 'for their own protection'.

Now, Eden White is fifteen, and sick of being a prisoner of parents who all but abandoned her. It was as simple as one walk down a beautiful, foggy beach, but it ended with Eden and Will face to face with Catchers - and this time, there is no escape.

When Eden wakes, she finds herself on an island, surrounded by hundreds of stolen children. Enrolled in the island school, Jordan Hall, Eden quickly learns that the island is not what it seems.

And, in the woods surrounding the school, she discovers a wild, beautiful magic inside of herself - one she has no idea how to control. With three unlikely new friends, Eden begins to realize that the headmistress is hiding much more than the stolen children - and what they learn in the laboratories below the school could cost Eden her life.


New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction
 
 
 
 Garden Of Eden Excerpt 
"You want to know why I hate you? Why we all do? You had something before you were brought here. I don’t care what it was, it was something,” she growled. “I had a good life before all of this, or so I’m told. But I couldn’t fight them when they came for me. I was only three. And you’re here, aren’t you? You could have fought the Catchers, run away, something – but I’d say you didn’t fight for your freedom at all.”

She glowered at me, then turned and crouched to fill her quiver. I crossed in front of her and bent to her level, forcing her to see me.

“Teach me, then. Teach me how to fight for it,” I said firmly, looking her in the eyes.

The irony of what she was saying was painfully true. When my family was taken by the Catchers, I sat by and watched. When my parents locked me away, I let them. The night the Catchers came, I crumpled to the ground. Then they took me into the dungeon, and I didn’t screamed for help; I didn’t try to get away. I let it happen. I didn’t want to be helpless, always in need of protection. The suddenness of that knowledge was overwhelming. I needed this, now.

“That’s what I’m doing,” she said, looking at me like I was crazy and stepping away, arrow in hand.

“No. Not just shooting arrows, Adriane. I want to learn everything. I want you to train me … to be like you.”

Her brow furrowed as shock and confusion registered on her face. “No.”

“Why?”

“I don’t like you.” She shrugged, turning away again and shooting another arrow. Her face was set in a marble mask.

“Have you ever had fun with it?” I asked, watching her serious face as she readied another arrow.

“With what?”

“Fighting. Shooting. You know – the stuff they teach here. It’s got to be a little fun, even for you.”

Her eyes never left the target, but her arm stayed extended. I had caught her by surprise.

“No,” she replied slowly. “I used to, when I was younger, but I’m better than everyone else now. It’s not supposed to be fun, anyways. It’s work.”

“It can’t hurt to teach me. And if you do it, I would be a worthy partner, eventually. It could be fun to fight again.”

A noise like an angry cat rolled from her throat. “Fine,” she said, as if she had agreed only to shut me up.

Triumphant, I grinned, shot my
arrow, and missed by a landslide.

Giveaway
http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/642629122/" rel="nofollow">a Rafflecopter giveaway


Meet Kate Cowan
Kate Cowan
Kate is an artist, an animation student, a black belt in karate and now, an author. She didn't discover writing until mid-high school, when she began writing an (unintentionally) hilarious novel involving a teenage girl and a magic necklace. Her current novel series, The Legend of Eden, began as a story of Arthurian magic, but quickly transformed into something much different.

Kate currently lives in Ontario, Canada, in a zoo of a house. When she isn't writing, she's drawing, cooking, or browsing the Internet for new music.
 
 
 
Find Her Here

 

 
Follow The Tour
 
 

October 14th

Reader Rising *Interview
Sugar, Spice, and Everything YA *Review & Dream Cast
kimberlyfaye reads *Review
Eating Magic *Review & Excerpt


October 15th

Shelly's Rambles *Interview
Dalene's Book Reviews *Review & Favorite Quotes
Library of a Book Witch *Review
Petrichor *Review


October 16th

A Chick Reading *Review
Bibliophilia, Please *Interview
Writer of Wrongs *Review
Fantasy is More Fun *Review & Excerpt


October 17th
 

The Book Town *ReviewLeisure Reads *Blurb & Excerpt
Katie's Books *Review
Leeanna.me *Review


October 18th

As the page turns *Interview(blogger's choice)
All in One Place *Review & Excerpt
The Passionate Bookworm *Review
Addicted Readers *Blurb & Excerpt

*No posts on weekend.


October 21st



October 22nd

Writer's Refuge *Interview & Review
Once Upon a YA Book *Review & Excerpt
candy coated book blog *Review
Dazzled by Books *Review & Excerpt 
Book Reviews *Review & Favorite Quotes


October 23rd

 

Book bliss *Interview
Bookcomet *Review & Favorite Quotes
Vicki @ Deal Sharing Aunt *Blurb
Book briefs *Review
Pete de violet *Review


October 24th

The Book Parade *Review
Passionate Bookworms *Review & Favorite Quotes
My Nook, Books & More *Review & Dream Cast
Bittersweet Enchantment *Interview


October 25th
 
 
 
Event Organized By:
Become a Tour Host
 
 
 


1 comments:

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)