Sunday, October 20, 2013

Free Four Mini Review



 
 Free Four
By: Veronica Roth
Free Four: Tobias Tells the Story (Divergent, #1.5)Title: Free Four
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: April 23rd, 2012
Pages: 14
 
 
#1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth retells a pivotal Divergent scene (chapter 13) from Tobias's point of view. This thirteen-page scene reveals unknown facts and fascinating details about Four's character, his past, his own initiation, and his thoughts about new Dauntless initiate Tris Prior.
 
New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction
 
 
 Free Four Mini Review
  What fun that was to be inside Four's mind! Four has to be by far, one, if not the sexiest book guy in all history! Its just something about him that drives me insane! He's so mysterious, and has this edgy edge to him, that is enough to send me into a frenzy...

I loved getting a glimpse into Four's mind, and what he thought about Tris during initiation. I mean yeah, I knew the liked her, but its different to actually see what he thought as his feeling progressed, as he was still sorting through the reasons why he was so drawn to Tris. And what I liked most about getting this scene in Four's POV, was seeing why he felt what he felt for Tris, and the reasoning behind his feelings were...sweet, and that's saying a lot for Four because we all know theirs nothing sweet about him, well sometimes, but definitely not in the beginning of Tris's initiation. 

 Four's attraction towards Tris was for all the right reasons, it made me fall more in love with his character. He didn't feel attracted to Tris for her looks, or because her body was drop dead gorges. And that's what I really liked about being insides Four's head. He felt for Tris because she was brave, selfless, smart, honest, and peaceful, all in one. And that's what makes her Divergent, just like him. They don't have one way of thinking like the non-divergent does. And I guess that was just one of the many reasons Four fell for Tris, and I loved getting just a little 14 page glimpse into the mind of the famous Four!

I liked the fact that Veronica Roth picked the knife throwing scene to tell Tobias's POV. I felt it dug deeper into Four then another scene would, because he was battling with what he's feeling for Tris, yet he has his anger towards Eric show in this scene, what he felt about a lot of the initiates, and what he was thinking when he was wailing knives at Tris's head, and why he decided to nick Tris's ear with the knife. I've always wondered why he did that. I always figured it was for a good reason, and not to hurt her. But the reason he did do it was not what I was excepting! Leave it to Veronica Roth to always take me by surprise! That's one of the many reasons I love reading anything from this women. Not only does she keep me on my toes, and has me guessing, but she keeps my heart pounding, hands shacking, mind racing, nails biting, the whole way through Tris and Tobias's adventure!

Next up, The Transfer. Another one of Tobias POV short stories, and I can't wait to see what happens as Four goes through his own initiation.
5 Fearless Stars
5stars 
 
Meet Veronica Roth 
Veronica Roth
Veronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)
Find Her Here
{Blog} {Goodreads} {Facebook} {Twitter} 

7 comments:

  1. I really need to read this book! I am such a huge fan of Four. He is an incredible book boy! It would absolutely be interesting to get inside his head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible to be inside the famous Four's head! I LOVED it!! But in ALLEGIANT he was a totally different character, and it was a HUGE let down!! YOU ARE FAIR WARNED...LOL! :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I missed this Four in Allegiant. I wonder what Four we will come across in The Son and The Traitor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you on that! Tobias in Allegiant was a totally different person all together! I did NOT like him one bit! And that drove me crazy because I LOVED Four in the this one and the first 2 books. Ugh! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  3. I read the first book Divergent but I never got any further than that. This sounds great and I <3 Four!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo boy. I fangirled when I found out he was getting his own book! Am SO HAPPY to read it doesn't disappoint. I have not read Allegiant yet. Am going to wait to get this book and do a whole reread!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no I am fangirling over Four again! I really need to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)