Friday, October 18, 2013

Divergent by Veronica Roth Book Trailer & Review





Divergent




Divergent (Divergent, #1)
Published: February 28th, 2012
Genres: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f 


In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.


 

 New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction











Wow Divergent, let me count the many ways why I love you!!! Divergent ROCKED in SOOOOO MANY WAYS!!! Veronica Roth knows how to keep the reader in suspense, and on the edge of there seat, SCREAMING when something doesn't go their way! Yep, that's what I was going through!!!

This is actually my 2nd time reading Divergent, and when I read it the first time around, I fell madly in love with the dystopian genre. After reading the Hunger Games and I loving it, I wanted to explore the dystopian genre and see what else it had to offer. Then I came across The Divergent series, and it sounded like the closest thing to HG series as I was going to get, me being a rooky of that genre, I didn't really know much about dystopian. But by the time I was less then a quarter of the way through this book, I was so stunned and amazed by what I was reading, I literally couldn't comprehend the amazingness, it was just soooo awesome. It was soooooo much better then the HG (HG being the only dystopian book I read at that point) in my opinion, and I never thought a book could be so amazing in so many different ways, and different levels. Divergent is probably my favorite book ever! Yep, you heard that right EVER!!

The writing and description was so intense and exhilarating at the same time! I loved that feeling, and Divergent was really the only book to give me that feeling. Its weird, but I felt at one with this book. Its like I wasn't reading it, I was going through it with Tris and Tobias. It really was an indescribable feeling I felt with this book. But I do know that I loved this book soooooooo much and can't wait to have the conclusion in Allegiant! Which I am excited about having it complete, but I am sooooo sad to have it end! Tris and Tobias are amazing characters and I don't want their journey to end, but I'm excited to have it end!!! I know it sounds like I lost my mind. Sometimes I'm not sure...lol!



The Plot 
 


The world has changed from the before. Chaos and war erupted and brought pain and suffering from its evilness. After that people came to the conclusion that stupidity, cowardness, selfishness, untruthfulness, and un-peacefulness were the causes of the world ending the way it did. They said it was because all these people with these different quality's were living among each other, and when their together their like a ticking time bomb ready to explode.

So they spit into 5 different fractions. One fraction was the people who felt lies were the reason for the chaos and war. They became the Candor. They believe telling the truth and being strait forward was the best way to live and avoid war and chaos. Then the second fraction was Amity. They believe peace was the way to live without chaos. Then Abnegation. They are selfless. They believe to give, not receive is they way to live. Then we have Erudite. They believe knowledge, is the key to success. And my favorite, Dauntless. The Dauntless believe bravery is the way to keep their world going strong. So the people chose where they belonged within them 5 fractions, and then the new world was born...

Beatrice is among the Abnegation. Raised to be selfless and giving, and to always put others before herself. But the day has come to choose where she really belongs. Its choosing day, and every sixteen year olds has to decide which fraction they belong too. Once they decide which fraction they belong with, then that's the fraction they will be with, forever! They are never allowed to change back. Their motto is "Fraction Before Blood." If you switch fractions, then you leave everything and everyone behind...

Beatrice always felt she didn't belong in Abnegation. She knew she wasn't selfness enough. So when the day of choosing comes, she changes fractions, and becomes brave! She becomes a dauntless initiate. But once Beatrice arrives at the dauntless compound, she realizes that its not about being brave anymore in the dauntless fraction, no its about being fearless, taking risk, and hurting people. Something Beatrice, now Tris, did not sign up for. But unless she wants to live fractionless, starving and homeless, then theirs nothing she can do, but survive!

Tris, now a dauntless initiate has a few weeks to learn, train, except, and understand what it means to be dauntless. After those weeks are up 10 of the 20 initiates are going to be cut, leaving only 10 new initiates to become members, while the other 10 become fractionless. Tris has her work cut out for her being the sweet, unselfish girl from Abnegation, but she determined to make it within the top ten, hopefully before it kills her!

Tris is new to the whole boy, girl freeable interaction , so when her instructor Four, shows her tough love to make her into a strong dauntless, she can't help but fall for him. But the thing is, he's falling for her too! But if the other initiates find out, she'll be accused of having her rank given to her, not earned, and Tris can not have that!

But all that could be the least of Tris's worries, as there's war brewing within the fractions. One fraction is not happy with the government and are willing to go to extreme lengths to remove Abnegation from government leadership, and it just so happens, that Tris's Mother and Father are part of that same government that their trying to destroy .

Tris will learn what it really means to become selfless, how to fight for what she believes in, and try to survive through initiation, the other initiates, her undying attraction to Four, and the war on horizon, where one wrong move could cost not only her life, but the rest of the fractions combined!

As my second go around with Divergent, I am so pleased to know it only gets better with each read! I had to re-read Divergent and Insurgent right before Allegiant released to get the full experience of this series, especially with Allegiant being the last in this amazing, one of a kind series! *Sniff Sniff*

Divergent Series will go down as one of my favorite series, and I will be re-reading this series for years to come! Up next, Insurgent, followed by the short stories in Tobias POV, then ALLIEGANT will be released by then, and I will dive right into that!

Bring it on Veronica Roth, I'm ready for the EXPLOSIVE CONCLUSION! 


5 Dauntless Stars








Veronica RothVeronica Roth is from a Chicago suburb. She studied creative writing at Northwestern University, and wrote DIVERGENT (Katherine Tegen Books, May 2011) and INSURGENT (May 2012). The third and final book in The Divergent Trilogy, ALLEGIANT, will come out on October 22, 2013. In the meantime she will spend endless hours browsing Wikipedia in her pajamas as she eats corn flakes. (Or some other kind of bland breakfast cereal.)
 

{Blog} {Goodreads} {Facebook} {Twitter}





15 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you loved it too! I was pleasantly surprised by the creativity of this dystopian. A lot of them have fell flat for me but this one I flew through and hope to read again soon! Enjoy the rest of the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to start this series and your review makes e so much more excited for it! I just have to wait until I have the next two books. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wasn't it just wonderful? I loved it so much, from the first page to the last! I haven't read the final two books in the series, and I can't say for sure if I will or not but I did love Divergent for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of dystopian books and this is definitely a good one. I have read this but I have yet to read the rest of the trilogy. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also a huge fan of dystopians...this is an awesome series!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I'm getting ready to dive into this book and your review helped me to get a better understanding of what I'm in store for. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree! I think Divergent was a wonderful read. I've watched the movie too and I actually liked the fact that the movie kept true to most of the book's plot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was iffy w/ this book. @ the time the plot was new & a nice read. great review

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to read this book! I have seen the movie several times and have been thinking, that I need to read the book. After reading your awesome review, I am going to break down and read Divergent. I loved the movie and books a generally way better than movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lot of excitement for this! I read and enjoyed the first two books but rumor spoilers of the third book have me nervous to read the third. I don't want the series to be ruined for me. Anyways, liked the book and am glad i read it before seeing the movie as I found that much duller in comparison (it was okay but nothing excitement worthy imo)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am about to start this series (having seen the first movie) and I hope I like it as much as you did! I was one of the people who read the Hunger Games trilogy after seeing the first movie, and I really enjoyed that trilogy, thought it was very well-written and dealt with PTSD very movingly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like everyone has read this but me. Your review just bumped it higher on my to-read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously i love this series too much! I am so in love with Four! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been awhile since I've read Divergent and reading your review made me want to go back and read the series again! I totally enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome review and it's great that you absolutely loved it! I had this on my TBR list for a while but by the time the 3rd book came out I had been spoiled by the ending which really put me off the entire series so I don't think I'll be reading this one unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)