Monday, October 14, 2013

Angelfall Audio Review

 
Cover Photo

 
Angelfall
 By: Susan Ee
 
Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)Title: Angelfall
Author: Susan Ee
Publisher: Feral Dream
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Apocalypse
Published: May 21st, 2011
Source: Bought Audio Book & Paperback
Pages: 283
    
 
It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

 
New Adult Addiction   New Adult Addiction

 
 
Fan Made Trailer

 Check out this AWESOME fan made trailer by Illusionmess @ YouTube. It AMAZING!
 


 
 Photo

   Photo
 
Angelfall Review
 
As you can see I gave this book a 3 star rating. I really wanted to give this book more, I really did! When I sat down to read this book I prepared myself to be sitting for a fairly long time because I've read wonderful reviews, So I was very excited! Plus I LOVE Apocalypse books. I have never read books with Angels in them so that was new to me.

I really could not get into the book like I thought I would. I was expecting to be blown away by this book and kept waiting and waiting thinking it has to come soon, Well it never came. I literally had to force myself to finish because I kept saying it's got to get better and it did towards the end but nowhere near what I thought.

Well as you can tell by the title this book is about Angels. Angels have destroyed earth and taken it over. Not to mention the cruel gangs of humans that run the streets by day and the calculating Angels that control the night.

Penryn a teenage girl who pretty much takes care of her family and her younger sister Paige a wheel-chair bound little girl and their insane mother that thinks demons are haunting her (very unstable) have been hiding-out in their condo since the Angels have descended and destroyed earth and taken it over. It's been a couple of weeks and the family finally decides it's time to venture out into the world because they can't last much longer in their condo with food and supplies dwindling seriously low. So the take their chances outside.

So within a hour or so of being out in the open they witness an attack on a lone Angel from a group of Angels of about 6 or so. Penryn and her family have nothing else to do but hide until it's safe to come out. That is until there seen.

Then that's where the real adventure starts. Penryn's little sister Paige is kidnapped by one of the Angels. So Penryn enlist the help from the exiled Angel that was attacked. From there on their on a mission to get Penryn's sister back, before it to late.

This is usually the type of books I love. The plot was definitely intriguing but it just didn't suck me in like a good book usually does. This was by far NOT a bad book at all and I did enjoy it and probably will read the second book in the series. So overall I probably would recommend it, but with warning that I personally did not find as good as some of the reviews said.
 
3 Stars
3stars

 
 
Photo: The result of my boredom. The gold flecks are a little iffy cos' I added them last second when I realized I completely forgot about 'em. And you can't just leave out the gold flecks! They make the wings pwetty, and I am female, so I enjoy pwetty things. Let alone adorable and sometimes gory things. :) Anywho, the fire was just because of the burning Aerie, so maybe they got a little burned(?), and it kinda looks cool. The burning feathers are actually a burning book! Pretty neat, huh? Sad about the book though... Ok I'll stop rambling, but I hope you like this. :D I may also put this on my Deviantart.
 

 
 Meet Susan Ee 

Susan Ee is the author of Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1). Her short stories have been in various publications including Realms of Fantasy and The Dragon and the Stars anthology. She is also a filmmaker whose latest film played at major film festivals and on cable TV stations throughout the U.S. She studied creative writing through workshops at Stanford, The Iowa Writers' Workshop and Clarion West.
 
Find Her Here
 
 
 

17 comments:

  1. It is rare to see a review for this book that isn't just full of raves. I haven't had the chance to read it yet, but it is sitting on my Kindle waiting for me to get to it. And I will. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like my kind of book from the description. I'm disappointed that you didn't give it higher than a 3! From your comments, it does sound like it's still worth reading but maybe I'll put it lower on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that it is about Angels, but Im surprised that the Angels here are the villain. I got a copy of this last year and still haven't got the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one on my kindle, I like women or girls as the lead character. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have read many wonderful reviews of this book too. But now I don`t know if I want to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your review on Angelfall was pretty close to spot on in my eyes. I just couldn't get into it the beginning! But... once I kept reading it slowly got better. And then approximate halfway through the book, I was hooked. I just downloaded the second book. I'm hoping it starts out a little faster than the Angelfall did.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never read any Apocalypse books . I won Hunger Games and another book, I picked up Hunger Games to start it and put it back in my book pile. Many of my friends love this type of genre and I would love to find a book to read and enjoy also. When I saw this book in other reviews I thought maybe this would be a good fit because of the Angels and storyline. After reading your review I can see it is not the book for me. I'm like you I need the book to grab me especially trying a genre. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard AMAZING things about this book so I picked it up and I have to say, I wasn't too big of a fan. I can see why people would like it, the writing was beautiful and the story was entertaining but the love interest was a little odd and the story just didn't grab me. Maybe some day in the future I will pick it back up again but for now, it was just OK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been looking forward to reading this series! This is the first time I've read a sort of bad comment about it. Still, I'm excited to indulge into this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have this book to read i got it for my kindle. for what i read in the beginning of your review its sounds what i like *.* i didnt know what was this book about until now xD its sounds like my think, apocalypse survival is one of my favorite genres, awhile reading your review it remind me of the 5th wave i dotn know why xD its ok if u didnt enjoy it that much maybe if u read it a second time u will like it, it happened the same thing to me when i first read insurgent i didnt like i was confused and bored but when i re read i loved it :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. luv the review..this is the kind of book that i'd enjoy to read...
    great review !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. luv the review..this is the kind of book that i'd enjoy to read...
    great review !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry this one side work for you. I really liked it but that was mostly because of I enjoyed the banter between Penryn and Raffle. I only wished there were more answers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry this one side work for you. I really liked it but that was mostly because of I enjoyed the banter between Penryn and Raffle. I only wished there were more answers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with your review. The book was okay. I liked it enough but I felt there was something missing. She's an amazing author though :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would like to thank you so much for the great review. I like California, so I enjoyed this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've had this book on my book shelf for a while now but have yet to pick it up and read it! I love the whole concept of the angels overtaking the world and the humanas fighting for survival plus I've heard heaps of good stuff about the book so it's a shame you didn't enjoy it as much as you'd hoped. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)