Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #20


 

 
Teaser Tuesday 
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week?
Mine, CRAZY! BOTH of my kids have been sick since this weekend. Its a living nightmare! Their both crying for mommy, a mad when I go to the other! There 3 and 7, a terrible age when your sick! Errrr....What a week! I'm hoping my 2 pretties that arrive today will ease some tension and frustration. I expecting Not A Drop To Drink & Inhuman to arrive today in the mail! Oh, I can't wait to dig in to these 2! Now if I can only choose which one to read first, then all will be okay! :)

 
 
  Happy Reading

 

The Burning Sky
By: Sherry Thomas

 
 
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)
Author: Sherry Thomas
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Published: September 17th, 2013
Source: Bought Hardback
Pages: 464
 
 
 
 It all began with a ruined elixir and an accidental bolt of lightning…

Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she's being told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the greatest mage tyrant the world has ever known. A suicide task for anyone let alone a sixteen-year-old girl with no training, facing a prophecy that foretells a fiery clash to the death.

Prince Titus of Elberon has sworn to protect Iolanthe at all costs but he's also a powerful mage committed to obliterating the Bane to avenge the death of his family—even if he must sacrifice both Iolanthe and himself to achieve his goal.

But Titus makes the terrifying mistake of falling in love with the girl who should have been only a means to an end. Now, with the servants of the Bane closing in, he must choose between his mission and her life.
 
 New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction
 
  
 Tuesday Teaser
Chapter 5 Pg.84
 
"You think I'm that great elemental mage?" She asked, barely able to hear her own voice.

She couldn't be. She wanted no part of what was happening now.

"Until you, there has never been anyone who can command lightning."

"But lightning is useless. I almost killed myself when I called it down."

"The bane just might know what to do with such power," said the prince.

She didn't know why the idea should make her more frightened than she was already, but it did.


So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From The Burning Sky?

Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT!

Look out for my review of The Burning Sky coming soon!
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)