Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #17

 
 
 
 
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at  
Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
    • Grab your current read
    • Open to a random page
    • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
    • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give to much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
    • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teasers! 
    • That's it! Its that simple!


    Hey Guys,
    I hope everyone had a wonderful Summer?
    I know I did, but it went way toooo fast! And now Fall's pretty much here and Winter will be right around the corner! Where did the time go? Anyway, back to the Teaser! This weeks Teaser is actually from a book I just finished reading yesterday, but I loved it so much I just HAD to share my teaser with you guys! :-)

    Happy Reading

     
     
    Here is my Teaser Tuesday from Deception!
     
     
     
     
    Deception
    By: C.J. Redwine
     
     
    Deception (Defiance, #2)Title: Deception
    Series: Defiance #2
    Author: C.J. Redwine
    Published: August 27th, 2013 
    Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
    Publisher: Balzer + Bray
    Source: Bought
    Format: Hardback
    Page #: 468
     
     
    Baalboden has been ravaged. The brutal Commander's whereabouts are unknown. And Rachel, grief stricken over her father's death, needs Logan more than ever. With their ragged group of survivors struggling to forge a future, it's up to Logan to become the leader they need—with Rachel by his side. Under constant threat from rival Carrington's army, who is after the device that controls the Cursed One, the group decides to abandon the ruins of their home and take their chances in the Wasteland.



    But soon their problems intensify tenfold: someone—possibly inside their ranks—is sabotaging the survivors, picking them off one by one. The chaos and uncertainty of each day puts unbearable strain on Rachel and Logan, and it isn't long before they feel their love splintering. Even worse, as it becomes clear that the Commander will stop at nothing to destroy them, the band of survivors begins to question whether the price of freedom may be too great—and whether, hunted by their enemies and the murderous traitor in their midst, they can make it out of the Wasteland alive.

    In this daring sequel to Defiance, with the world they once loved forever destroyed, Rachel and Logan must decide between a life on the run and standing their ground to fight.

    New Adult Addiction     New Adult Addiction


    Teaser One
     Chapter 41 Pg.322

     We'll see which of us manages to put the other one down like a dog.

    I like my odds.


    Teaser Two
     Chapter 58 Pgs.461 & 462
     
    "It's a long journey to Rowansmark," he says. "And I can inflict a lot of pain."

    My voice is hoarse as I say, "I can take it."

    He smiles, and something inside me trembles. "There are all kinds of pain, Rachel."


    "You can't break me," I say, and I mean it. I can rise above it. I might break for a little while, but I won't stay broken forever.

    "It will be a delight to prove you wrong," he says, and yanks me to my feet by the rope around my wrists.

    "Now, start walking.
     

    Check Out
    Deception's Trailer
       

     
     

    Meet C.J. Redwine


    C.J. Redwine
    C.J. Redwine loves stilettos, lemon bars, any movie starring Johnny Depp, and books. C.J. holds a degree in English Literature from Pepperdine University and now lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, four kids, two spastic cats, and one long-suffering dog. For more on C.J., please visit her...

     
     Find Her Here

    {Blog} {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}
     

    So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From Deception?
     
    Thanks for stopping by! Do you have a Tuesday Teaser? If so, Link me up so I can come check out your TT!

     Look out for my review of Deception coming this week!
     
     

    2 comments:

    1. I should really read Defiance already, Deception seems fun.

      Here's mine

      Kirsty @ StudioReads

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great teasers! I read Defiance, it was pretty good:) Have fun reading!

      Here's my TT

      ReplyDelete

    I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)