Saturday, September 21, 2013

Graceling Review & Trailer

 

Cover Photo


 
Graceling
By: Kristin Cashore
 

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Title: Graceling
Author: Kristin Cashore
Publisher: Harcourt
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal, 
Published: October 1st, 2008
Source: Bought eBook
Pages: 471
 
 
His eyes, Katsa had never seen such eyes. One was silver, and the other, gold. They glowed in his sun-darkened face, uneven, and strange. She was surprised that they hadn't shone in the darkness of their first meeting. They didn't seem human....

Then he raised his eyebrows a hair, and his mouth shifted into the hint of a smirk. He nodded at her, just barely, and it released her from her spell.

Cocky, she thought. Cocky and arrogant, this one, and that was all there was to make of him. Whatever game he was playing, if he expected her to join him he would be disappointed.


In a world where people born with an extreme skill—called a Grace—are feared and exploited, Katsa carries the burden of the skill even she despises: the Grace of killing. She lives under the command of her uncle Randa, King of the Middluns, and is expected to execute his dirty work, punishing and torturing anyone who displeases him.

When she first meets Prince Po, who is Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.
 
 New Adult Addiction  New Adult Addiction


Graceling Trailer
 
 


Graceling Mini Review

 
 AMAZING! That what this book is! It is one of the best I have read in along time, If not the best EVER!

In the world of Graceling there our 7 different Kingdoms with 7 different rulers. And among these kingdoms, their are the ones that are called the Graced. The Graced have a particular skill far surpassing the capability of a normal human being. And each of these graced can have any skill.

So in the book of Graceling theirs a girl name Kasta and she's graced. But she don't have just any grace. She's a Graced Killer! And that's where the fun and adventure begins.

Usually the ones graced with a useful skill are turned over to the king, for the king to use how he sees fit. And so Kasta was born as the niece of King Randa the ruler of Middluns. So when Kasta's grace was discovered the king saw fit to train her into a killer and to do all his bidding for him. Even when Kasta felt it was wrong. She was under the kings rule and did as he said. That is until Kasta decided it was time to stand up for what was right! And killing and torturing people was not right and Kasta refused to kill for the king anymore! So Kasta left the King's Kingdom.

Kasta and Po a Prince from another Kingdom set off on a journey to discover who kidnapped Po's grandfather and why. But it's not so easy on their journey as many obstacles are in their way. And Kasta can't seem to deny the attraction that she is having with Prince Po. But as she fight it with all her might she soon learns she's not as strong as she once thought.

Kasta learns many things about herself on this journey, and many more surprises are around every corner. This is a MUST READ! It will have you on the edge of your seat!

I will tell you this, that in the beginning it does seem to start out a little slow but once it picks up it's pace the book goes into full blown action and surprises that you'll never see coming!

It's really a AMAZING book! Don't miss it you'll be SORRY! I give this book 5 Stars and would give it 10 if I could!


5  Graced Stars
5stars

Meet Kristin Cashore
 
 
 
So, here's the short tale of me: I grew up in the countryside of northeastern Pennsylvania in a village with cows and barns and beautiful views from the top of the hill and all that good stuff. I lived in a rickety old house with my parents, three sisters, and a scattering of cats, and I READ READ READ READ READ. I read while brushing my teeth, I read while chopping parsley, the first thing I reached for when I woke up in the morning was my book; the only two places I didn't read were in the car and in bed. What did I do then? The one thing I liked even more than reading: I daydreamed.
 
 
Find Her Here
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. I love Graceling too! It's such a great fantasy read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great fantasy read! I really wanted to read the next 2 in the series, but then I found out that it wasn't about Kasta and Po, and I've been a little reluctant! But I will probably give them both a try, but not now! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you loved this book! I'm a huge Graceling fan!!! This was my favorite book in the series. (The other two were good but not as good in my opinion.) I just love Kasta and Po. Now I want to reread it thanks to your review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I still haven't read this book. I have heard so many times how amazing it is. My best friend constantly rags me about not reading one of her favorite books of all times. I honestly had forgotten about it. I am glad that I read your great review. A good reminder to read this already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love graceling :) Kasta and Po are amazing and Raffin too, I think we need more characters like that

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first time I came across this book I had doubts because of the cover and title of the book. Also, the synopsis did not really attract me in reading it. When you reviewed it, I realized 'hey this doesn't sound so bad' and now I'm probably gonna read it . Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVED this book! I have read it more than once and I don't usually do re-reads, but it was that good! I also loved Fire, but haven't had a chance to read Bitterblue yet.
    Katsa is a fabulous character and Po just brings out the best in her. I love the secondary characters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book so much! The concept intrigued me from the start and I absolutely adored Katsa, she was such an awesome heroine :) Great review! It's awesome to see all the commenters who also loved the book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book sounds so good! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)