Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Deception Review & Trailer





 Deception
By: C.j Redwine
 

 
Deception (Defiance, #2)Title: Deception
Series: Defiance #2
Author: C.J. Redwine
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: August 27th, 2013 
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Source: Bought
Format: Hardback
Page #:   468
 
 
Baalboden has been ravaged. The brutal Commander's whereabouts are unknown. And Rachel, grief stricken over her father's death, needs Logan more than ever. With their ragged group of survivors struggling to forge a future, it's up to Logan to become the leader they need—with Rachel by his side. Under constant threat from rival Carrington's army, who is after the device that controls the Cursed One, the group decides to abandon the ruins of their home and take their chances in the Wasteland.



But soon their problems intensify tenfold: someone—possibly inside their ranks—is sabotaging the survivors, picking them off one by one. The chaos and uncertainty of each day puts unbearable strain on Rachel and Logan, and it isn't long before they feel their love splintering. Even worse, as it becomes clear that the Commander will stop at nothing to destroy them, the band of survivors begins to question whether the price of freedom may be too great—and whether, hunted by their enemies and the murderous traitor in their midst, they can make it out of the Wasteland alive.

In this daring sequel to Defiance, with the world they once loved forever destroyed, Rachel and Logan must decide between a life on the run and standing their ground to fight.
 
New Adult Addiction     New Adult Addiction



See How It Started In: 
Defiance

Defiance (Defiance, #1)
Book #1 



Deception's Trailer



My Review
 
Deception has become one of my new favorite books of the year, if not ever! It has lived up to all the hype and more!

This was wonderfully suspenseful, amazingly crafted, masterpiece, by no other then C.J Redwine herself. She has grown in her writing, and it drew me in and grabbed me into her thick-plotted, action-packed, fight for survival, that left my heart pounding, hands shaking, and needing more! I loved every minute of it. Now I just need book three! 

To be honest, Defiance the first book in this series was not my favorite book last year. But I still really liked, a lot! But let me tell you that Deception has surpassed any and all of the expectations I had, and has given any other book in its genre, a run for their money, because it literally blow me away! Seriously left me speechless!

The Plot:

This book picks up where Defiance left off. With Baalboden destroyed by the Cursed Ones and the commander missing in action after his failed attempt to obtain the device that controls the Cursed Ones from Logan and Rachel.

The commander has ripped Rachel and Logan's life to shreds. He has abused is powers as the commander and ruler of their once little city of Baalboden. He help burn it to the ground, then abandoned his people to the Cursed Ones to die. After aiding in the destruction of their City, most of his followers turned to the only man to ever stand up to the commander, Logan, the 19 year old that was branded, labeled an outcast by the commander when he was a small child. He is now their leader as they fight for freedom and opportunity!

The commander will stop at nothing to get the very thing to gain him unlimited control, power over not only his followers, but the rest of the city's combined! And he's determined to get it from Rachel and Logan no matter the cost!

Rachel and Logan would rather die then hand over anything to the commander. And their going too see to it that it never lands in his hands. Better yet, their going to see to it that he doesn't make it out alive so he never has the opportunity to hurt anyone again! But the commander is the least of their worries, as someone is lurking within their group, posing as one of them, and killing their people by the dozens, turning it into a cat and mouse game by leaving insane notes behind demanding a pain atonement to be paid, a sacrifice for their sins. And it says it will be paid in blood, a lot of blood...

But if we know one thing about Rachel and Logan, its that they're not going down without a fight. And they're determined to find the traitor within their group, and take out the commander that's hot on their trail, and make them all pay for their crimes! Rachel will not rest until the commanders head is on a stick and the traitor is 6 feet under ground!

I loved all the characters in this book. They were highly developed with enough depth and thought in each one, that it was like they all had a story to tell. And Rachel....oh, Rachel, she was a broken! This poor girl never got a brake. My heart went out to her. She had things and death and pain of the ones she loved around every corner. She was lost, detached, and in a lot of pain. And more just kept coming!

Overall, Deception was so much more then I could of imagined. I loved everything about Deception and wouldn't change any of it! It was perfect the way it was, and I will be long awaiting for the 3rd and final book to be in my happy little hands! C.J. Redwine you have blown this book out of the water!
5 Raving Stars
5stars


Rachel's Quote:

And for me, it means honoring those who've loved me and sacrificed for me by choosing to be the kind of warrior who delivers justice even when it threatens to hurt me.


Photo: Who out there is a Logan/Rachel fan? http://bit.ly/16eCTn3
 
 
 
Meet C.J. Redwine

 
C.J. Redwine C.J. Redwine loves stilettos, lemon bars, any movie starring Johnny Depp, and books. C.J. holds a degree in English Literature from Pepperdine University and now lives in Nashville, Tennessee with her husband, four kids, two spastic cats, and one long-suffering dog. For more on C.J., please visit her...


Find Her Here
{Blog} {Goodreads} {Twitter} {Facebook}


I Just Love This Cover!



 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read either book in this series yet, but I look forward to it! I have heard wonderful things about them both. And it makes me even more excited for this one, because hearing about a second book in a series that surpasses the first is so rare these days So, yeah, that makes me happy, happy, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an insanely gorgeous cover!! I have read the first book and I'm so looking forward to this one. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this series yet but I would love to start reading them because they sound like an AWESOME book series!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great series! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)