Tuesday, September 3, 2013

All Our Yesterdays ARC Review

 
 



 
All Our Yesterdays
By: Cristin Terrill
 
 
 
All Our Yesterdays (Cassandra Chronicles, #1)
Published: September 3rd, 2013 
Genre: YA, Sci-f, Time Travel
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: For Review
Format: Finished Hardback
Page #: 368
 
 
 
"You have to kill him." 
 
Imprisoned in the heart of a secret military base, Em has nothing except the voice of the boy in the cell next door and the list of instructions she finds taped inside the drain.

Only Em can complete the final instruction. She’s tried everything
to prevent the creation of a time machine that will tear the world apart. She holds the proof: a list she has never seen before, written in her own hand. Each failed attempt in the past has led her to the same terrible present—imprisoned and tortured by a sadistic man called the doctor while war rages outside.

Marina has loved her best friend James since the day he moved next door when they were children. A gorgeous, introverted science prodigy from one of America’s most
famous families, James finally seems to be seeing Marina in a new way, too. But on one disastrous night, James’s life crumbles apart, and with it, Marina’s hopes for their future. Now someone is trying to kill him. Marina will protect James, no matter what. Even if it means opening her eyes to a truth so terrible that she may not survive it. At least not as the girl she once was.

All Our Yesterdays is a wrenching, brilliantly plotted story of fierce love, unthinkable sacrifice, and the infinite implications
of our every choice.

New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction


 
Review 

Oh My Goodness! I am still shaken up over this book, and I finished it days ago! This book was utterly amazing, and completely different then anything I have ever read! It was a roller-coaster ride of ups and downs, with action and adventure around every corner, that I just wanted to re-live over and over, until I couldn't take anymore!

This book had me on edge of my seat the entire time I was reading! This is actually one of the first time travel books I've read. But after reading All Our Yesterdays, it surely won't be the last. All Our Yesterdays was everything I could of hoped for and more! It was fast-paced, action-packed, thick-plotted, quick-witted, and heart-wrenching, that will leave and everlasting feeling in your heart!



THE PLOT:


 Em, and the boy she's come to love finn, are locked away in neighboring cells, doomed if they can't escape. They're being help captive by the crazed and insane Doctor, the one that started it all! The one who created the time machine, and with the time machine came power, a lot of power, and he's determined to used it, no matter the cost!

Em and Finn can not let the Doctor and his evil sidekick the Director play with time and change things they have no business changing. But its not that simple. Their using the time machine to kill people to get what they want, and if their not stopped, and soon, then all will be lost...

Thanks to an unlikely ally, Em and Finn are able to escape from the clutches of the Doctor and mange to travel back in time to when it all started. But its not the first time they've travel back in time to change the past and stop the Doctor from ever creating the time machine. But all their attempts to change the past have failed. They've tried everything possible to stop the doctor from ever inventing the time machine. Everything but kill the man responsible, Em first love James, the younger version of the Doctor!

Em and Finn won't give up until they change the past to end the time machine and stop the doctor for good! But time is running out as they find themselves, in a race against time, as the man they've come to kill as a boy is hot on their trail, and he's not giving up until Em and Finn are eliminated for good!

Phew...That was such a breath taking adventure, that  had my heart-pounding, hands shacking, while leaving me breathless, gasping for air! It was intense, and had me guessing what was coming next as the plot would thicken and the characters make their next move.

  This book didn't have a simple plot. No, this book was all over the place, and I never knew what direction the book would go in. It was unpredictable and that was ONE of the many reasons why I love All Our Yesterdays, and eager to get to pick up the next book in the series!  

 
The character development in All Our Yesterdays was amazing. Ms. Terrill has done a remarkable job
pulling it off. We kind of had 6 main characters, but really it was 3. I know confusing right? Well Marina is the younger version of Em, and Em's best friend and love interest Finn, is the older version of the younger Finn that is friends with Marina. I really wish Ms. Terrill would of gave the older Finn a different name like she gave Em. It would of made it easier to explain. And for James, there was 2 of him as well. The older, more vile of his younger self. Ms. Terrill put so much thought and plot into this book, and it makes me love it even more (If that's even possible) for her hard work and determination to create something so unique and original, and truly unlike anything I have ever read! You ROCK CRISTIN TERRILL!!!

If your having doubts about this book, please don't give up on it yet because you will definitely be missing out! And trust me if your not a fan of Time Travel, don't let that stop you because I wasn't either, well not until this book! Now I am now a die hard Time Travel junkie...lol! Well that's if all time travel books turn out as good as this one has.

Overall, I just could not get enough of this book. The characters were beyond developed, and action was more then enough, that had me guessing around every corner! I loved everything about it, and I am so happy that their will be another book to follow-up with because I need MORE of this FANTASTIC world in All Our Yesterdays! If you haven't read it yet, then you need to, NOW!!!

5 Amazing Stars
5stars

All Our Yesterdays Quote:
 
“Time travel isn’t a wonder; it’s an abomination.”
 
“Sometimes you have to hurt someone you love for the greater good.”
 
“Why do you get to decide what the greater good is?” I say.
 
“These are people you’re talking about, not just numbers in one of your equations. Don’t you get that? Did you ever?
 
 
~UK Version~
All Our Yesterdays (Cassandra Chronicles, #1)
 
All Our Yesterdays (Cassandra Chronicles #1)        All Our Yesterdays
 
~US Version~
All Our Yesterdays (Cassandra Chronicles, #1)
~Which Cover Do You Think Is Better~?

*
* ~My Vote Goes To The UK Cover~ *
*

All Our Yesterdays Trailer
 

 
 
 
Meet Cristin Terrill
 
Cristin Terrill

 
Cristin Terrill has a bachelor of the arts degree from Vassar College and a master of the arts degree in Shakespeare Studies from the Shakespeare Institute in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK. She currently lives outside Washington, D.C., where she teaches creative writing workshop for kids and teens. ALL OUR YESTERDAYS is her first novel.
 

 



 


Find Her Here
 
 
 

 
 

18 comments:

  1. I am so excited! I went to the library yesterday and lo and behold, All Our Yesterdays was on the shelf. I snatched it up in a hurry and went running to the counter. I am starting it tonight. And after reading your review, I am even more in a hurry to get started! Like, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both covers and I love this book. I love this book so hard!!! LOL Ahh it's one of the most perfect stories I've ever read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your review of this book. I have a copy of this book on my kindle and I haven't got the chance to read it and maybe soon I will be. Thanks for your review~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, insightful review! I have this on my TBR but I have yet to read it. And after reading your review, I'm more determined to finally give this book a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree so much with your review! This book was one of my 2013-favorites:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also LOVED this book!! And I actually kind of like the US cover better, as the picture makes me think of the grate in her room at the beginning. Love your review, very detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of time travel books but I've been seeing so many great reviews for this book, I think it's high time I give it another go. The plot and pace looks amazing too!! Loved your review. And I vote for the US cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your review summed up my thoughts with this book. I also gave it 5 stars on Goodreads and I honestly can't wait to read the second book. Cristin Terrill did an amazing job with her debut novel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This book left me so excited to read this. It has been on my TBR list for awhile but i think I need to up its priority!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review! I've been wanting to read this book for so long now but I'm still a bit iffy about time traveling books. It can be tricky to get it right, in my opinion. But after reading your review, I'm definitely giving All our Yesterdays a try. Hopefully I'll like it as much as you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love reading YA dystopian...i like ur review..i will definetely read this book...thx u :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like time travel novels, but I'm picky about them. I've been hearing good things about this one. The two versions of each character sounds confusing, but I think I have to read this now since it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like time travel novels, but I'm picky about them. I've been hearing good things about this one. The two versions of each character sounds confusing, but I think I have to read this now since it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am definitely partial to the US cover. The plot sounds so awesome, really this has been long on my list of tbr books, hopefully I can get to it soon. Check out Karen Akins' Loop & Twist, that duology pretty much follows the same style of time travel story telling.

    Great review:)
    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this book too, but was so disappointed when I could only find the UK cover - I prefer the US cover!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)