Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #19

 
 
 
 Waiting On Wednesdayis a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone's having a fantastic Wednesday? 
This weeks Waiting On Wednesday is a book that I am eagerly
anticipating Its another Dystopian. I know, I know, a lot of you are burnt out on Dystopia's, but I just can't get enough of them. I love to see how an author can change up their plot and make their book different from the other Dystopia's. Check it out and let me know what you think. :)

Happy Reading! <3>



Here What I'm Waiting On Wednesday For!



 
Burn Out
By: Kristi Helvig
 
 
 
 
Burn Out 
 Title: Burn Out
Author: Kristi Helvig 
Series: Untitled
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Sci-f
Published: April 8th 2014
Publisher: Egmont USA
Page #: 272
 
 

A futuristic blend of Beth Revis's Across the Universe and Lenore Appelhans's Level 2, Burn Out will satisfy the growing desire for science fiction with a thrilling story of survival, intrigue, and adventure.

Most people want to save the world; seventeen-year-old Tora Reynolds just wants to get the hell off of it. One of the last survivors in Earth's final years, Tora yearns to escape the wasteland her planet has become after the sun turns "red giant," but discovers her fellow survivors are even deadlier than the hostile environment.

Holed up in an underground shelter, Tora is alone--her brilliant scientist father murdered, her mother and sister burned to death. She dreams of living on a planet with oceans, plants, and animals. Unfortunately, the oceans dried out ages ago, the only plants are giant cacti with deadly spines, and her pet, Trigger, is a gun--one of the bio-energetic weapons her father created for the government before his conscience kicked in.

When family friend, Markus, arrives with mercenaries to take the weapons by force, Tora's fury turns to fear when government ships descend in an attempt to kill them all. She forges an unlikely alliance with Markus and his rag-tag group of raiders, including a smart but quiet soldier named James. Tora must figure out who she can trust in order to save humanity from the most lethal weapons in existence.
 
 
 New Adult Addiction      New Adult Addiction
 
 
 Why I'm Waiting:  
 
This book sounds so awesome, I can't even begin to name the reasons why I'm dying to read it! A wasteland on Earth that's turning into a battle ground. Limited survivors left on earth, and a girls fight to save humanity! Yeah, I'm definitely in! I will be counting down the days until this book is in my hands!

What about you, will you be adding this to your TBR Reading pile? Let me know and the comment section and leave me a link to your Waiting On Wednesday Post and I'll come visit you!
 
 
 
 Meet Kristi Helvig
 
 
 
Kristi Helvig 
Kristi Helvig is a Ph.D. clinical psychologist turned sci-fi/fantasy author. She often muses about Star Trek, space monkeys, and other assorted topics on her blog. Kristi resides in sunny Colorado with her hubby, two kiddos, and behaviorally-challenged dogs.
 



 
 
 Find Her Here
 
 
 
 





 Thanks For Stopping By



 


5 comments:

  1. Sounds good. I love Dystopian stories! Thanks for sharing. :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES, YES and YES!
    Great choices! I have been looking forward to this for so long!

    Anyways besides your good taste in Wow books aha, I’ve been reading for posts and I seriously put 4 books in my TBR shelve so thank you for that!

    I’m a new blogger and would really appreciate it if you would check out my WOW and followed my blog @ http://straightfromthereadersmouth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds intriguing, but so realistically scary. I'm excited to hear what everyone thinks. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh great choice! I'll be adding this one to my TBR list, thank you for sharing!
    Confessions of a Book Addict's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alicia--I just found this. Thanks so much for adding my book BURN OUT to your Waiting on Wed. list--I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)