Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #9




Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  •  
     
Hey Guys,
I hope you guys are having a great week?
Me? Busy as always! I have so many r2r's that I have to get started or their going to be late. That's the ONLY terrible thing about excepting some ARC's and r2r's. They need them by a certain time! But its totally understandable, because we as the ARC or r2r reader need to get reviews circulating for the author and other readers. Its just hard sometimes when you really want to read a new book that's released, but you can't because of the r2r that MUST BE READ FIRST! But I guess that's how it goes! :)

Anyways, Enough of my ranting! This weeks Teaser is from Glitch. A book that I have been DYING to read for so long, and I finally bumped it up on the list to get this series started!

Here is my Teaser Tuesday!


GLITCH

BY: HEATHER ANASTASIU


Glitch (Glitch, #1) Title: Glitch
Series:
Glitch #1
Author: 
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Paranormal
Published:
August 7th 2012

Source: Bought

 

 In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.

 
 New Adult Addiction      New Adult Addiction


 Teaser One
Chapter 2 Pg. 21

I reached out to the girl with my mind. I searched out the shape of her in the milliseconds as she fell. I felt the unique high-pitched ringing sound in my ears and concentrated on the lines and planes of her face, the geometrical cut of her suit, the tiny curves of her feet. I surrounded every part of her with the invisible force of my will. And then I yanked.



 Teaser Two
Chapter 5 Pg. 43

 I flinched and covered my face even though I knew it wouldn't help. Exposure to the outside air was deadly. And if it didn't kill you right away, the radiation would lead to tumors soon enough.

 

So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From Glitch?

Thanks for stopping by! Do You Have A Tuesday Teaser? If So, Link Me Up So I Can Check Out Your TT!

Look Out For My Review Of The Glitch Coming Soon!














4 comments:

  1. OOh, sounds like an intense read :)

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/07/teaser-tuesdays_9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is intense so far! Slow, but intense! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Very intriguing! I love the cover, too! :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Teaser Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've wanted to read this for quite a while!
    Here's my Teaser Tuesday 3 Fun Redhead Books

    Mei @ Diary of a Fair Weather Diver

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)