Tuesday, July 30, 2013

REVIEW: OVERRIDE










OVERRIDE

BY: HEATHER ANASTASIU



Override (Glitch, #2)
Title: Override
Series: Glitch #2
Author: Heather Anastasiu 
Published: February 20th 2013
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Paranormal
Page Numbers: 310 
Source: Bought
 

Zoe is free. She has escaped the enslavement of the Community, disconnected from the hardware that had controlled her every thought and emotion, and evaded capture by the Chancellor intent on killing her. She is finally free, but she is far from safe.

Zoe and Adrien hide themselves from detection at the Foundation, an academy that trains teen glitchers to fight in the Resistance movement. Together, Zoe and her new team of superhuman fighters must risk their lives to rescue other glitchers and humans from the Chancellor's control. Challenges abound at every turn, and Adrien, who has become silent, distant, and tormented by his visions of the future, only adds to the growing certainty of defeat. But worst of all, as Zoe's team fights against impossible odds, distrust and betrayal leads to the terrible discovery that their greatest threat could already be lurking behind the safe walls of the Foundation.


Full of high-adrenaline action and shocking twists, Heather Anastasiu's Override is an exciting continuation of this popular young adult trilogy.


New Adult Addiction      New Adult Addiction



REVIEW



What an amazing follow up to Glitch! I fell in love with the Glitch series after reading the first book! I thought it was an amazingly fresh twist to the Dystiopian world that was portrayed excellent! The Glitch series is very different then your normal Dystiopa books. The citizens are controlled by V-Chips that are inserted in their brain that controls their  every move! Kinda freaky, Right? No, its AMAZING!!!!! I always thought I would enjoy reading this series, but I had NO idea how much I would truly LOVE IT!!
 
THE PLOT:

This book picks up a couple months after the first book left off, with Zoe and Adrien escaping the Chancellor and making it to the surface without being captured!! They made it! They finally did it!!! YAY!! But all is short lived when their plans start failing one after the another! The Chancellor is building her army of Glitchers, getting stronger by the day, and everything they do, the Chancellor seems to be one step ahead of them! Their running out of time, and if they don't come up with a plan soon they might lose the war they've been fighting so hard to win!!

But Zoe's a fighter, she's not giving up until her last breath in her body is gone! She's determined to save the ones she loves, and the ones that she left behind in the community! She's foreseen as being the Resistance leader and if that's the truth then she has a lot to learn, and quick. 

Her love and savior Adrien seems to be drifting further and further away from her. He's having horrific visions of what's to come in the impending war. But he says he can't tell her the future for it may alter the things that need to happen. But the heavy-weight that Adrien is baring is tearing him apart! Zoe feels helpless and destroyed by the pain that Adrien is enduring, but what can she do? Well shes about to find out exactly what Adrien is seeing, and that it could very well destroyed the Resistance and everything thing they have been fighting for!!

Someone is lurking in the shadows, watching and waiting for the perfect time to strike. And if they don't pull it together and strike soon they might not make it out alive!!! 

I love Override! It was Wonderfully plotted and full of action and surprises around every corner that had me glued to my seat, flipping the pages faster then I could read them. I can't wait to start the third and final book in this trilogy and see how it all ends! I know whatever happens is going to blow me away, and go out with a BANG!!! Its all built up to this moment of the final showdown between Zoe and the Chancellor, and I can't wait to see it all play out!!!

Overall this book was very fast-paced with amazing surprises I didn't see coming and twist that I just couldn't get enough of! I thought this book was better then Glitch and I have a feeling Shutdown the next and last book in this series is going to be even better the Override!

4.5 Stars
4stars




MEET
HEATHER ANASTASIU

 
Heather Anastasiu  
Heather Anastasiu grew up in Texas and recently moved to Minneapolis with her family. When she's not busy getting lost exploring the new city, she spends most days writing at a cafe or daydreaming about getting a new tattoo.




FIND HERE HER

 { Blog } { Goodreads } { Twitter } { Facebook }




Check Out The Rest Of The Series


(Click On The Banner Or Click Here For The Rest Of The Series)



2 comments:

  1. I heard a few things about Glitch that made me wonder if I would really like it or not. But then I hear such good things about it, and now Override, that it makes me a little sad that I didn't read Glitch when I had the chance. I may just have to see if I can't find a copy of both of these books now, and hopefully I will enjoy them as much you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow nice review. I came across with Glitch on goodreads and I added it to my to-read shelf. With the review you write there, I think I might want to read it now.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)