Monday, July 29, 2013

Beat the Heat Readathon



Beat the Heat Readathon Sign Ups!


BeatHeatRATbutton2
  • The Beat the Heat Readathon runs from July 29th through August 11th. What does this readathon entail, you ask? Well, read as much or as little as you want – the main point is to READ! You set your own goal, and for two weeks you read as many books as you can/want to reach your goal!
  • There will be mini-challenges throughout the Readathon for participants, along with a grand prize giveaway at the end!
  • Sign up at Auntie Spinelli Reads or Phantasmic Reads. You may join whenever you like, but to be eligible for our grand prize giveaway, you must sign up by August 5th.
  • To join, all you have to do is make a sign-up post – even if it’s just a “Let’s do this!” thing – and add your post URL to the linky below! You can put your goals and progress (will be required for the final giveaway) in your sign-up post, or you can make it separate. Totally up to you! Feel free to copy and paste this handy little list for your post. We don’t mind.
  • In order to enter for the grand prize, you must have a post to keep track of your progress so we can see that you participated.



BeatHeatRATbutton2

I've decided to Participate in the BEAT THE HEAT READATHON! I'm excited because I never get to do anything like this. Its not that I don't want to, its just that my busy schedule won't allow it. But since I can set my own goal, I figured it shouldn't be that hard, Right? Well, will see...lol!

 My goal is to read 6 books! That's not that many. Its only 3 a week. I think I can manage it? I usually only read about 2 books a week, plus write both reviews, but I wanted a little challenge. So I decided to try to push 1 more book a week and see if I can accomplish it? I will be updating this post as I go along, to show the books that I've been able to complete! I will also be writing reviews to go along with them, which makes it even harder but hey, I signed up for a challenge, Right???

UPDATE:  
The Readathon has been extend a week, Yay!! Sooo, I decided to add a book to my List of 6 books to read, now making it 7 books total. I know, its only ONE MORE book! I should be adding at least 2, but since I'm already BEHIND my reading schedule I can only add 1 more book if I want to be able to complete this challenge! :( So check out the new book I added as number 7.

 
Goal:

Read 7 books in this READATHON



1st 


Book is The 100

 The 100 (The Hundred, #1)  



2nd


All Our Yesterdays



3rd

 Book is Count Down

Countdown

- 2nd Book I Finished 
 - Review To Come...
- Read From: August 2nd To August 4th (2 days)
- Read 336 Pages (eARC)



4th

 Book is False Memory 

False Memory (False Memory, #1)

- 1st Book I Finished
- False Memory Review
- Read From: July 30th To August 1st (2 days)
- Read 336 Pages


5th

 Book is Gated

Gated



6th

 Book is Uprising

The Uprising (The Forsaken, #2)



7th  
 
Book is Book 3 In The Aberrant Series

 There is NO Title or Cover for this book yet. I am reading this for a Beta review for the author. (Their Will Be NO Review For This Book).




4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those books but they look like good reads. I hope you enjoy all of them.

    Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of these books yet either, but I'm looking forward too them! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! You should join in on the fun! :-)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for having the Readathon! Its gonna be a blast! :-)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)