Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #7






Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share 2 "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!
  • Share the Author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
  •  
     
Hey Guys,
I hope Everyone's having a Wonderful week so far? Me? I am very excited for this weeks releases (Again)! I'm especially excited for After Daybreak, the last book in the Trilogy, Darkness Before Dawn. I absolutely LOVE that series!!! The first two books were AMAZING, and I just know this last book is going to exceed the first two! 

Anyways, this weeks Teaser is from PODs, that I just started, I'm not very far into it, but its really good so far! Another HIGHLY anticipated book for 2013 for me!



Here is my Teaser Tuesday!


PODs
By: MICHELLE K. PICKETT


PODs  
Title: PODs
Series: PODs
Author:
Genre: YA, Dystopia, Zombies
Published: June 4th 2013 
Source: Bought 

  
 Seventeen-year-old Eva is a chosen one. Chosen to live, while others meet a swift and painful death from an incurable virus so lethal, a person is dead within days of symptoms emerging. In the POD system, a series of underground habitats built by the government, she waits with the other chosen for the deadly virus to claim those above. Separated from family and friends, it's in the PODs she meets David. And while true love might not conquer all, it's a balm for the broken soul.

After a year, scientists believe the population has died, and without living hosts, so has the virus. That's the theory, anyway. But when the PODs are opened, survivors find the surface holds a vicious secret. The virus mutated, infecting those left top-side and creating... monsters.

Eva and David hide from the infected in the abandoned PODs. Together they try to build a life--a new beginning. But the infected follow and are relentless in their attacks. Leaving Eva and David to fight for survival, and pray for a cure.

New Adult Addiction    New Adult Addiction


 Teaser One
Chapter 2 Pgs. 8-9
The Raffle


"The bad news is, even with the use of the PODs, most of the population will die from the lethal virus, because, unfortunately, there isn't enough room in the habitats for everyone." 

He doesn't have to worry. He has his spot in a POD.



TeaserTwo
Chapter 27 Pg. 250 
The Walk
 

I didn't have time to think, behind my attacker was another infected just as eager as the first to reach me. I was unarmed, I looked around frantically, searching for something I could use as a weapon. I grabbed the dead man's club and swung it at the infected's head, screaming with the effort. The club connected with her head with a sickening crunch. She crumpled to the ground, I stared at her for a beat, praying she was dead. I didn't have time to defend myself from her again. There was already another taking her place.



So, What'd You Think Of My Tuesday Teaser From The PODs?

Thanks for stopping by! Do You Have A Tuesday Teaser? If So, Link Me Up So I Can Check Out Your TT! 


Look Out For My Review Of The PODs Coming Soon!











3 comments:

  1. I have an obsession with these end of the world type stories these days! So thanks for sharing! Here is my TT http://newpaperadventures.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-june-25-2013.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a frightening story. Your excerpts make me want to know what happens next.
    My Teaser is from ORPHAN TRAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, this one is new to me. Thanks for sharing it!

    I have a teaser up this week as well, if you'd like to stop by:
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/06/teaser-tuesday-168.html

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)